“Absolutely fantastic dinning experience.”
Review of Rock Lobster - CLOSED

Rock Lobster
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2012

This was our first of many trips to this wonderful restaurant. I heard by word of mouth about the lobster and steak menu. I am a huge fan and critic of lobster since I grew up in New England so I know a well prepared lobster when I taste it.
I booked in a table for four and as we arrived we were greeted with a smile and promptly shown our table. There is a great selection of starters I would personally recommend the crab cakes as they melted in my mouth really nice compliment of taste and texture.
The Lobster was cooked to perfection and the two different steak orders were prepared exactly as ordered.
Although the restaurant was busy the staff looked after us wanting for nothing we enjoyed the fantastic atmosphere. We were not pestered to finish our meal as is the case with most establishments rather we were left to enjoy the experience.
I would highly recommend this fine restaurant to anyone who loves fine food at reasonable prices. A real gem, we will forward to our next visit

2  Thank Wenger73

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I had what can only be desribed as one of the best lunches I have had in a long time in Rock Lobster last Saturday.
This restaurant offers a fantastic selection of seafood as well as great steaks.
The best is the flexibility of the menu which allows you to choose from larger plates designed to share or to the selection of seafood available for the platter of which you can pick how much and what you personally like. They have three types of oysters, Atlantic and Dublin Bay prawns, full brown crab and also of course lobster.
They also offer daily blackboard fish specials.
We shared a great Lobster roll, a platter of seafood with oysters prawns and a full crab, the oysters were so good we ordered more.
On top of the food Rock Lobster do a great selection of cocktails, we had giant mojitos, brilliant.
Over all if travelling to Dublin take a trip out to Donnybrook try out Rock Lobster.

1  Thank PCDub
Reviewed December 16, 2012

On entering Rock Lobster, my husband & I were given a very warm welcome by the staff. The restaurant had a warm ambiencel . We purchased a deal from Living Social for Lunch which consisted of Soup & Open Steak Sandwich. We both thoroughly enjoyed our lunch. Our delicious soup was served with hot doughy rolls & the steak sandwich was served on lovely bread with delicious sauces. At a table next to us, we saw the most lovely selection of seafood, which we will definitley return soon to enjoy. The menu is really impressive and I hope this restaurant does a very good trade as we both felt this has something new to offer to diners in and the staff want you to enjoy your dining experience here too.

1  Thank Olga D
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Myself and my sister ate there last night (10/12/12) and were blown away,I can honestly say there was nothing that I could fault on.
We opted for the tit bits to share (3 for €10) got the goats cheese (my favourite) the fish fingers and the piggy puffs,loads of food for sharing and totally delicious.
For mains we both went for the whole lobster,we both upgraded our chips,I went for the duck and my sister for the truffle.Well what can I say,it was outstanding,not a word was spoken and then been the piggies that we are we finished off with the chocolate fondant.
So to round it off,iv found my new favourite place,can't wait to come back,will spread the word,amazin value for such amazin food,well done guys!!!

3  Thank Gemlizzyk
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I was driving past Kiely's Pub in Donnybrook on my way into work and saw signage going up for a new restaurant above Kiely's - Rock Lobster - Fish & Primehouse. As I've always been dismayed at the lack of good inexpensive seafood restaurants in Dublin, I checked out their website and was pleasantly surprised by the prices - Whole 1LB Lobster for €20, - this was what I was looking for. I ate there with friends on Sat night, and for a restaurant that was only open a few days it was quite busy with a great buzz helped by the piano player and singer. The Crab Cake starter and whole Lobster for the mains was amazing and so well presented. The other couple with us shared a 2lb Turbot between them and it was cooked to perfection. These guys know sure their fish. You Rock!!!!

4  Thank Mark B