“Kiss goodbye to that previous bad review!”
Review of Asador

Asador
Ranked #154 of 2,638 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: ASADOR is a Spanish word that means 'Grill' or to cook over fire. At ASADOR we celebrate the relationship of food and fire, cooking the best of Irish Meats and Sea Food over our bespoke 7 foot 'ASADOR' or Barbecue.
Reviewed May 3, 2014

We came for Sunday lunch on 27th April 2014 on the recommendation of friends. I have no connection with this place and anyone who bothers to read my reviews will see I am only an occasional 'eater out' with eclectic tastes! Three of us met here and received a very warm welcome. We sat at a comfortable table and there were quite a few other diners there too. We all chose the potted crab staters which were gorgeous and all of us chose the 'Sunday special' which was roast pork. Very generous platefuls of delicious pork with roast potatoes and carrots were demolished. One of us does not eat potato and received a generous portion of green beans as a substitute. The only minor quibble was that the other two of us were envious of the beans as there was a more than generous portion of carrot to get through! A mix of veg. would be nice? A very good wine completed an excellent lunch. i recommend this restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Asador

Reviewed April 23, 2014

I got a recommendation for Asador through a client in work. I straight away booked a table for a months time. This should have been enough time to be rewarded a good seat in the house you would presume.

Upon arrival to the restaurant, despite booking the table for 7:30 and the restaurant being only half full....we were placed at the door where there was a breeze (my pet hate) and also it was lacking atmosphere that end of the restaurant resembles a hallway in a lobby.

I asked could we move further into the restaurant the manager quite simply said no, they are reserved.

We were then seated at the wrong table and after been sat he asked us to move again to a different table closer to the door as he made a mistake. When we expressed we were not happy he moved us back to the original table and then moved away one of our tables so we were sharing a table for two between three and also made us feel really embarrassed whilst doing this.

Needless to say the food platter and wine etc. did not fit on our table later on.

The waiter was very charismatic and very attentive. The food was tasty however we were very rushed and informed that the table was needed back not long after we were seated.

In the middle of our meal unfortunately I had a crisis with work, which meant I had to leave my table a couple of times to make calls. The manager quite smugly came over and said "well I would ask you how your meal was but you have not been sat at your table all night"...I thought this was so rude and quite frankly none of his business.

I felt uncomfortable for the whole night having that manger stare in our direction every time he passed with pierced lips.

Furthermore, after paying quite a hefty bill, were we blatantly rushed from our seats and told we must leave.

We were then left standing for a good 10 mins waiting to get out coats.

We decided to then finish our rudely interrupted conversation in the bar next door, where we got talking to a group of people that work nearby Asador, we explained to them the pretty dismal experience we had just had.

The group erupted with laughter, they have all had similar experiences with the hefty bill and rushed unpleasant staff and revealed their nickname for it.... kiss my Assador!!!

Thank you rude manager in Asador for making my experience so unpleasant.

1  Thank Kearaq
Shane M, Owner at Asador, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Dear Kearaq,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your dining experience in ASADOR.

Needless to say we are very disappointed in your sentiments and would like to extend our apologies for any perceived grievance(s) that you have.

We work very hard day in and day out to provide great food and service, it seems that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations.

As you can see from the previous 5 reviews we usually deliver a consistently high standard of service and we are very lucky to have such a loyal customer base who like what we do.
I also note this was your first review on Tripadvisor, and you feel very strongly about your night.

I have discussed your evening with our Management team and while we feel that we could have done better, some of your comments are unfair and unwarranted.

We will always do our best to ensure guests are happy when leaving and I can assure you that we appreciate all of our customers. As a busy restaurant we cannot always provide people with the tables they want as we endeavour to accommodate everyone.

Finally, we have a very good relationship with ''the bar next door' and they frequently pass on the hugely positive comments from their guests after their meal in ASADOR.

Thank you again for your comments, save for the 'kiss my asador' line, which we feel is unjust and not reflective of the hard work we all put in day in and day out to improve our business.

Kind Regards,

Shane Mitchell
Owner
ASADOR

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Went to Asador for the first time last night on the back of a family recommendation. Couldn't have been better - great round table, attentive service, great food and great atmosphere. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Dropped in for an early meal. Mark the waiter was extremely helpful and friendly. The Mrs went for the fish special which she said was perfect and her starter wings were very tasty, a nice change from Frank's sauce. I had a lovely chorizo salad starter with the 8oz Rib eye cooked to perfection accompanied by some great onion rings and fries. We washed it down with a lovely Albariño and could just fit in a cheesecake. Well done guys, we'll be back.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Nice and elegant location, with a friendly and careful staff. We had only fish and the choice was great! Creative and tasty dishes, good selection of wine list. Try the scallops with chorizo as appetizer: it sounds odd, but the mixture did work! Then we had the turbot with carrot polenta: delicious! Local cheeses completed the meal. Reasonably priced

Shane M, General Manager at Asador, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Hi fgrabbits,

Thank you very much for your review we are very happy you enjoyed your Asador experience and we hope to see you soon.

Regards,