“A Hidden Gem un Ballsbridge, Dublin”
Review of Asador

Asador
Reserve with OpenTable
Asador is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #141 of 2,700 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: ASADOR is a Spanish word that means 'Grill' or to cook over fire. At ASADOR we celebrate the relationship of food and fire, cooking the best of Irish Meats and Sea Food over our bespoke 7 foot 'ASADOR' or Barbecue.
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Out for a walk after a day at the RDS for a trade show, and just when I thought I was going to have to settle for. Chinese, we stumbled on Asador. Very unassuming place with an open kitchen! service was excellent as was the food, having both lamb skewer served on a small hanging rack and haddock on a bed of spinach with gnocchi, and both were wonderful, Great aromatic rice and condiments, as well as BBQ zucchini and presentation was excellent! For dessert we had the banofee pie, a favorite ! Served in a jar with a sealed lid, rather than a traditional pie, and it was wonderful!!!

Reviewed January 19, 2014

I expected that with the name 'Asador' there'd be some grill/bbq feel to the restaurant but it just has a slick bar feel. Now that's fine but there are plenty of places like this and in Dublin there are so many more fun places to eat; what I'm trying to say is that Asador felt like many other restaurants I've been to - a bit like a chain.

The food was fine but again just average, nondescript, so not particularly worth the quite high prices. I was expecting a smoky or asador flavour but it was just a steak and wine place like all the others. Also, we shared three desserts between the four of us and didn't finish them.

The ingredients, i.e. the steaks and the wines are of good quality though.

1  Thank europeest1
Shane M, Owner at Asador, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review. I am disappointed to hear you were not impressed by what we had to offer. I can assure you that we are not in the business of delivering 'ordinary' and I apologise if the food was not as 'BBQ' as you would like.

We get a lot of compliments on our food and in less than a year have built up a large following of corporate customers and local residents who love how we do BBQ, we are very grateful for all their support. We soak wood chips in water and then sprinkle these on top of the hot coals and logs to add 'extra' smoke to the ASADOR. This ensures we infuse our food with the smoky flavour.

I will pass your comments on to our chefs as we can always learn and improve and we appreciate the feedback.

Warm Regards,

Shane

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Great spot, super food and fantasic pre-theatre menu! Always buzzing, one of our favourite places - give it a try!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

We were able to sit at the bar for dinner. The food was delicious! The bartender paired a perfect wine with my fish. Employees were nice and very professional. I would go back to this restaurant again!

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Had tried to get in here a few times, but every time we tried to walk in they were full! Even when the couldn't fit us in they were very friendly and tried to help us as much as they could

So I booked an early evening meal at short notice and we were lucky to be squeezed in

Everything was fantastic from the friendly and professional lady who took our booking to the fantastic Rib eye. There were 3 of us, the others had the fillet.
All agreed it was one of the best steaks we had had, topped off by an incredibly smooth fondant
This was a great way to start our evening

Highly recommended