Review Highlights
Third trip with Michael Fox - LOVE his attention to detail and personalization

Each year that I return to Ireland, I make sure I have a day with Michael viewing new places and... read more

Reviewed November 2, 2018
Navigate32708257385
Wonderful Day!

A special treat for my dad, the wonderful Michael Fox was extremely knowledgeable and very generous... read more

Reviewed October 24, 2018
cooleen2017
Richmond, Virginia

All reviews boyne valley michael fox ancient sites private tour irish countryside slane castle an outstanding tour guide beautiful site highly recommend this trip chowder worth every minute family history tara interests tailored knowledge jewish
Reviewed November 8, 2017

My wife and I toured the key points of the Dublin, Ireland's historic Jewish community with guide Peter White and totally enjoyed the experience. The tour included the essential sites as well as helped to capture the essence of the old neighborhoods including the homes of celebrated Jewish leaders, some of whom went on to prominence in Israel or other parts of the world. Peter picked us up an old Jewish bakery restaurant for tea. Capping the day was a visit to the small James Joyce Museum, which as writers, was of interest to us. We found Peter brimming with local knowledge and good humor. It was a very informative day.

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed October 25, 2017

We booked a tour of the Boyne Valley with Michael last year, and it was fabulous. This year, when we had a chance to spend more time in Ireland, we turned once again to Michael to show us the ancient sites in eastern Ireland. He did not disappoint! While I had visited some of the sites the previous year, this was the first time for my daughter, and she loved every minute of it! Michael is so very knowledgeable about the history of the sites. We never felt rushed, and yet we were able to see so many wonderful places during our day. I cannot recommend Boyne Valley Tours high enough!

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank Lynn S
Reviewed September 19, 2017

Michael spent an entire day taking us through the Boyne Valley. It rained half of the day and Michael was prepared to get us to the less sheltered visits in the morning. He was extremely informative. We visited Newgrange, Hill of Tara and several other locations. I would definitely use Michael again.

Date of experience: August 2017
1  Thank Tom E
Reviewed September 8, 2017

If you are visiting Ireland and looking for a tour that will make the most of your brief time.... We recommend spending your day with Michael. He is an outstanding tour guide that will deliver all the sites in a relaxed comfortable environment. He knows the places to go and does an excellent job getting your there before the crowds. Want to spend your day driving through the beautiful Irish countryside with a knowledgeable friend? We recommend booking a day with Michael. Thank you Michael for a wonderful relaxed day exploring the amazing Irish countryside and history!

Date of experience: July 2017
2  Thank Kenneth G
Reviewed August 1, 2017

Family history trip to explore for ancestry was a wonderful experience. Can't say enough about the effort and courtesy shown by Michael. This trip was a bit out of the way and he still was able to be informative and supply added experiences and sights. Great unexpected picnic in a beautiful site overlooking Arrow lake and the Irish countryside. Birr castle to see the telescope a highlight with great arboretum and formal gardens.

Date of experience: July 2017