Review Highlights
Third trip with Michael Fox - LOVE his attention to detail and personalization

Each year that I return to Ireland, I make sure I have a day with Michael viewing new places and... read more

Reviewed November 2, 2018
Navigate32708257385
Wonderful Day!

A special treat for my dad, the wonderful Michael Fox was extremely knowledgeable and very generous... read more

Reviewed October 24, 2018
cooleen2017
Richmond, Virginia

Recommended experiences in and around Dublin
from $609.01
from $40.29
from $23.02
from $74.83
More Info
All reviews boyne valley michael fox ancient sites private tour irish countryside an outstanding tour guide highly recommend this trip chowder tara interests tailored knowledge jewish ireland homes cliffs wonders
Reviewed September 28, 2015

we were delighted to spend the day (our 11th wedding anniversary!) touring with Michael! Michael was informative, friendly, funny and absolutely charming. he could not have been more accommodating or kind, took us to all of the fabulous sites, knew the insider information, and even made a special stop to take us to see a castle owned by some of our (VERY distant relatives). we had a thoroughly enjoyable day and we would very highly recommend Michael. cheers! s&b cunningham

Date of experience: September 2015
1  Thank sarajane c
Reviewed September 26, 2015

Michael Fox is an outstanding guide for an informative, comprehensive and enjoyable day in the Boyne Valley. He did everything possible to personalize our day. He went out of his way to make sure the day was complete without making it feel as though we were in any kind of rush. He is so knowledgeable about County Meath! Our only regret was that the day had to end. We would highly recommend Michael Fox and Boyne Valley Tours!

Date of experience: June 2015
Reviewed September 22, 2015

I had one day to see the Boyne Valley.... and found and learned that Micheal Fox with his Audi is THE way to do it.

He is fully licensed and is not a fly by night or an under the radar tour.

He lives in the valley.

He answered all my questions.... so much better than a tour bus....

We were able to get here and there with great efficiency and to fit my needs. I saw soooo much in my limited time.

This tour earned and therefore gets my highest recommendation.

Date of experience: September 2015
1  Thank Henry H
Reviewed August 11, 2015

This was a great way to start our vacation in Ireland and Michael was a fountain of knowledge about the Boyne Valley sights. We were picked up at our hotel. We spent 6 hours on the tour and visited Trim Castle, Hill of Tara, and Newgrange. Michael got us tickets ahead of time for our visit to Newgrange. He also arranged for us to have a lunch stop. I highly recommend this tour!

Date of experience: May 2015
Reviewed July 16, 2015

Peter White is a private guide in Dublin. Peter was born and bred in Ireland.he is a wonderful storyteller and an educated historian. We had been in Dublin before and wanted to visit places we had not been before. Peter tailored his tour for us. As Dublin is a busy city, Peter uses a driver, so that we can talk about what we are seeing on the way to attractions or leave the car to walk into gardens or museums with us to add more color. He took us to Sandycove to visit the James Joyce Museum situated in a Martello tower on the coast. He had the Jewish Museum opened for us on a day it was closed. We stopped in Dalkey for a wonderful lunch and then topped off with a visit to Guinness Brewery to learn about beer and view the city from the top of the tower.

Date of experience: July 2015