“Michael Fox Magnificent Private Tour”
Review of Day Tours Dublin

Day Tours Dublin
Ranked #24 of 100 Outdoor Activities in Dublin
More attraction details
Owner description: Private Day Tours out of Dublin with Michael Fox, licensed driver and experienced tour guide. Day tours to the Boyne Valley, home of the Newgrange World Heritage site and the beautiful scenery of Wicklow, the Irish National Stud. Specialist Private Tours to Celtic sites such as the Hill of Tara and the Hill of Ward, Megalithic (Stone Age) sites such as Newgrange, Fourknocks and Loughcrew, Monastic Sites such as Monasterboice and Bective Abbey. A Bespoke tour can be arranged to suit your requirements.Since your tour is private and personalized, you will be picked up from your accommodation or cruise ship in the Dublin area. Private transport by Skoda Superb sedan for up to three passengers.
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Michael Fox by far made our trip to Ireland simply perfect! Now I asked him to plan a tour for my husband and I that was fully up to him, I just let him know some of our like and dislikes, he asked questions, (this was all in emailing prior to our arrival) so I put a lot into Michaels hands right out of the gate. We were picked up in a beautiful nice Audie, he was waiting for us outside at our hotel and we set off on our day of awesomeness! We started off visiting Newgrange tombs it was magnificent! Michael could have easily been a tour guide there. EVERYONE knows him, and he took us on our own private tour through the museum part telling us all about everything. It was an amazing experience for myself. From there we visited Bective Abbey, where he taught us the history of the abbey and he taught us about the flowers of Ireland. We went to the most beautiful cemetery called Monasterboice; it was filled with incredible Celtic crosses. It was so crazy! Big rooks, which are like huge crows or ravens, had their nests in the tall tress, but it was so peaceful and calming. I got great photos from this cemetery. Along the drive and to every next destination the more Michael got to know us, the more custom our tour became. He would take us off on little historical side trips! We saw so much I could write for days! Ok, after a few cool battle fields, abbeys and more treasures we went to Fourknocks. Now this was another tomb but private and amazing and you can take all the photos you want. We even got to climb on top of the tomb itself. The view was incredible. It’s all extremely private! It is a must see for me! After Lunch and afternoon tea, we went to Mainistir Bheigti where there was a dog-named Jake that joined us on our tour lol! They filmed some of braveheart here nonetheless it was really cool. It’s hard to explain how incredible all these places are in writing! We from here went on to a few castles. Now I love animals, and Michael took us out of the way to a little place that had a couple animals that I could feed. I missed my dogs so he wanted to make me to get a fix! That shows you the lengths he goes to, just to make it that special of an experience for you. The day wound down and before we knew it we had been gone for 9 hours (we ran over and there was NO problem). So back to our hotel he took us. And I will have that day with me for the rest of my life. I rarely write reviews, but Michael Fox made us feel like dear old friends and made my trip to Ireland a HUGE success. We could never thank him enough, a true pro! Thanks you so much AGAIN Michael!

Please keep in mind most of these places had no tour guide or where closed for off season, but we didn’t need one! If anything I am so thankful to Michael for being so well informative on where he takes you. It saves so much time. Plus I would grantee he would know more then most people who worked there anyway! If you want a high-end, enriched life experience, then book this man and I can grantee he will make your trip priceless!

Reviewed May 11, 2014

My cousins and I had a wonderful, informative, interesting, and personal day tour with Michael Fox. We spent the day in the Boyne Valley. I learned so much about ancient sites and totally enthralled with every fact given to us. Michael is so knowledgeable. Thanks for a fabulous day.
Pam Roberts

1  Thank Pamela R
Reviewed May 7, 2014

This review is LONG overdue!! We had an 8 hour layover in Dublin while on our way to a cruise leaving out of Barcelona in October 2013. I thought the best way to utilize our short time in Dublin would be to hire a tour guide. Thankfully I came across all the wonderful reviews for Michael Fox and let me just say that they are all well deserved. Michael was FANTASTIC! As I said, our time was limited and we specifically wanted to go to County Wicklow since my husband's family heritage is from there. He kept track of our flights and when we arrived 40 minutes early in Dublin guess who was waiting at the gate? Michael! Michael had our day all planned out. He even looked up our family name and found locations that were specific to the family history! He was so pleasant and fun to be with for the day. I could go on forever! If you are looking for a great tour guide; Michael Fox is the guy for you :)

3  Thank 1magpie
Reviewed May 5, 2014

My husband, myself and cousin Pam spent a day of our treasured vacation with Michael on a beautiful and sunny day in the Boyne valley in Ireland. We were very comfortable and saw the most amazing and ancient sites. The Celtic high crosses were my favorite and of course newgrange. Michael is very knowledgable and if he didn't know the answer... He would find the answer to our many questions. Thank you Michael and it was great meeting your wife as well.

Kelly

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Had a great experience with Michael. He tried to tailor the tour, based on what we would enjoy. He was very knowledgeable. The extra stop to see miniature donkeys, which we really enjoyed.