“Amazing Trip with Michael Fox as your Guide”
Review of Day Tours Dublin

Day Tours Dublin
Ranked #8 of 105 Outdoor Activities in Dublin
More attraction details
Owner description: Private Day Tours out of Dublin with Michael Fox, licensed driver and experienced tour guide. Day tours to the Boyne Valley, home of the Newgrange World Heritage site and the beautiful scenery of Wicklow, the Irish National Stud. Specialist Private Tours to Celtic sites such as the Hill of Tara and the Hill of Ward, Megalithic (Stone Age) sites such as Newgrange, Fourknocks and Loughcrew, Monastic Sites such as Monasterboice and Bective Abbey. A Bespoke tour can be arranged to suit your requirements.Since your tour is private and personalized, you will be picked up from your accommodation or cruise ship in the Dublin area. Private transport by Skoda Superb sedan for up to three passengers.
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I learned of Michael Fox's tour through Trip Advisor and set it up via email. All plans were done via email - quick, easy and accurate. Michael was waiting for us in the lobby of our hotel. From there we were whisked away in his luxury car for our day in the Boyne Valley. Michael is a Boyne Valley local and he really knows his stuff. First, the tour - Newgrange, Hill of Tara and the surrounding area. Michael is a wealth of knowledge, personable, and made the entire day a huge hit. He went out of his way to make my family comfortable, happy, fed and warm. We were traveling with a 6 year old, and his patience, and skill put everyone at ease. His perspective of the area is historical, and genuine. He made our lunch arrangements, which let us skip the line and enjoy a scrumptious meal. He introduced us to some local folks for a quick chat. It was a really great day, and I sincerely look forward to doing it again. If you are looking for a day tour out of Dublin, I cannot recommend Michael Fox enough.

2  Thank Peaceman
"irish countryside"
in 6 reviews
"slane castle"
in 2 reviews
"an outstanding tour guide"
"beautiful site"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this trip"
in 3 reviews
in 35 reviews
"cliffs"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed November 8, 2013

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our tour of the Boyne Valley with Michael Fox in September. We saw Newgrange, Hills of Tara, and many other famous sites in the area. He booked us into a lovely restaurant for lunch. The whole day was stress free. Michael is a knowledgeable guide and planned our day perfectly! Thank you, Michael!

Sharon and John
Ontario, Canada

1  Thank Sharon O
Reviewed October 28, 2013

If you are reading this review, you are a careful planner. You challenge yourself to plan the best possible travel adventure. For day tours outside of Dublin, Michael is your answer.
On my first visit to a country or region I search for a private tour that will provide an introduction not just to its famous sites but also to the history, culture and lifestyle of its people. I couldn't have been more pleased with the day I spent with Michael in the Boyne Valley. You can read about the sites he will take you. Michael will make your access to these sites stress free. His car is comfortable, his driving is careful. He knows the best place to park, which door to use. He always had my comfort in mind and paced our day perfectly. His talking points about the sites suited my interest but we easily conversed throughout the day about a myriad of topics: recent events in Ireland, its financial challenges, our family backgrounds, labyrinths, Guinness. I learned a great deal and had a fabulous day. Next trip I will be sure to reconnect with Michael for a tour in a another direction.

2  Thank Lois H
Reviewed September 25, 2013

From Los Angeles to Dublin, my husband and I felt caught up in the ambiguity of the group tours and the hop on hop off. These were nice overviews but we wanted to experience the specialized treatment of a private tour. I believe paying a little extra for the added treat is well worth it! We were picked up from the lobby of our hotel. Michael Fox came in to greet us and we were on our way. The weather was exceptionally nice for September and we were open to our tour destination. I am please he chose the Wicklow and Avoca destination. We traveled on a very scenic route (Military Road) to Wicklow. We stopped off at a waterfall and even a sheep came up to our window to pose for pictures! Then off to Glendalough where Michael narrated a tour and we had a very lovely walk around the lake - even enjoying wild blackberry. We were able to visit the Visitors Center and look around the archeological pieces of history - round tower. Since we were on a leisurely time schedule, we sat down for coffee/tea and homemade fresh scone. We then ventured off to Avoca, the mill that originated in 1723. We walked around the mill factory and took in a bit of history. We ate a very lovely lunch in Avoca - the fishcakes were very nice. On our route back to Dublin, we took the coast route and stopped off at many key beach areas for fresh air and choice pictures. Michael was patient, courteous and very informative. I am one that asks a lot of questions - the nice touch - there was one statue he guessed on and followed up with an email and a link to answer that last question. That is customer service! As my title says - a "GLORIOUS" holiday tour with Michael Fox!

See more reviews
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I and a friend spent the entire day with Michael. Michael was most accommodating for any request, had many suggestions for us, and took a nice relaxing comfortable pace. Right from the start we knew Michael was A1 when on arrival at the New Grange visitor center, Michael saw the first tour bus of the day pull up, and he literally ran to the ticket desk to beat the crowd to secure our entry tickets / tour time!! Great job! Everything after that was equally excellent and top notch! One special highlight of the day happened at the very end where we drove into what appeared to be a typical residential neighbourhood to head behind the homes to stop for a look at an active excavation of an abby...where the head archeologist was just finishing up for day - Michael was a familiar face I take it, he asked the archeologist for a possible personal tour through the excavation...well, the entire half hour or so listening to the history they were uncovering was just mind blowing... Again just excellent! After a full day Michael dropped us exactly where we were picked up - right at the front door of our hotel. Thank you Michael!

1  Thank Stephen B