“Yummy breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Black Apple Cafe - CLOSED

The Black Apple Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe, European
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating
Description: New Cafe open in the heart of Harold's Cross, Dublin 6
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Yummy breakfast”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

After several disappointing meals in Dublin we took a chance on this cafe and were very pleased. The staff are very nice and the food is fantastic. The waitress even took the time to help us find the correct transportation to our next destination. She actually pulled out a bus timetable and pointed us in the right direction. We highly recommend The Black Apple Cafe.

• Visited October 2013
11 Thank lobsterlover24

Dublin
“Child friendly”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Had lunch recently with a friend and her little baby. The owner Sinead and her Mum are working hard and always with a smile to bring smile to their customers faces. They have great selection of sandwiches and soup of the day is always very healthy. Also, very important to mention that their glutenfree bread and cakes are homemade and very fresh. Their olive oil cake is usually available during the weekends and is addictive :)

• Visited September 2013
11 Thank Christine K
Dublin, Ireland
“Great light breakfast”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I've stopped by here a couple fo times with friends during the morning. Coffee is excellent as is the service. I've only had snacks there but I highly recommend the sausage rolls. Try it out if you are located nearby.

• Visited October 2013
11 Thank Helen F
“Can't wait to return”
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

I was here about 2 months ago and I have been waiting to come back since. It's a small place with small cafe menu. I love the decor and atmosphere. Today, I had breakfast that was delicious and hot. Cakes look amazing, too. However, my favourite thing about The Black Apple is that they make me feel welcome. As much, as if I just pop in for a quick coffee, I don't want to leave and I end up with 2 coffees and a cake at least:) I'll try to visit more often.

9 Thank JustToEnjoy
Dublin, Ireland
“Best Coffee in Dublin”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This adorable little cafe has never let me down for great coffee and wonderful service! I was delighted when the Black Apple opened last year, and I seldom miss a coffee visit both Saturdays and Sundays. A coffee-to-go on the way to work is an occasional treat too - if only there was one of those signs at the bus stop outside telling you when the next bus was!

It really is a coffee hot-spot, as Tom is a trained coffee expert! He makes the perfect Cortado (which I first tried as his 'coffee of the week'). I find it very hard to resist the range of gorgeous home baked cakes. Their sponge cake is fab, and another one (that I I am too fond of!) is made with Olive Oil...sounds weird but lovely!

I have brought friends here for brunch occasionally - a nice option also for a light lunch with a glass of wine instead of travelling into town to pricey restaurants...

I hope today's chilly weather doesn't mean it is winter already as I'm not sure I am ready to give up the last rays of sunshine in the Black Apple courtyard out the back ! Maybe their blankets will be coming back out very soon!

Thank you to Sinead, Geraldine and Black Apple team for the great coffee, and friendly faces over summer 2013!

• Visited September 2013