“Excellent food”

Mehek
Ranked #670 of 2,545 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Indian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Food is very good, better than your average Indian. Staff are excellent, very courteous and attentive. we always go here when we want Inidan food. The chef will alter the dish to your liking, I always request spicer.

Only small negaitve is they have a very limited selection of beer. Wine is very good, but sometimes I would rather have a beer with my food and they have one brand and one bottle size only.

1 Thank martin m

Dublin, Ireland
“Our favorite Indian rest in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

it's rest just five minutes from our house and only went there last month but since we go there almost every week. Food is excellent starters and mains, even the kids love the place. the staff are very friendly and kind.

1 Thank Ronenvak
dublin
“Good First Impression”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went with friends in this newly refurbished restaurant in October 2012 which was previously called Poppadum (which was not to my liking) so i was little apprehensive about this place.
We were greeted by the Manager who was polite and very attentive throughout our stay.
We ordered a selection platter to start alongwith samosa and Jumbo prawns and for the mains we had dahl side dish, lamb curry and chicken karahi type of dish along with rice and naan breads.
we all shared and enjoyed our mains and best dish for me was chicken curry,but my friends enjoyed everything on offer.
I would say it was good first impression for the restaurant and we all decided that we will come back with more friends.

• Visited October 2012
6 Thank MarkIVDublin
Dublin, Ireland
“The Best Authentic Indian Food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

I've lived Rathgar for quite some time now but never made it in to this restaurant until just last week. I had not idea what I was missing! The food is absolutely delicious.

Hands down, I will be going back here and regularly. The quality is top notch, the service is great, and most importantly the food is just incredible. If you have not been here, give it a try you won't regret it.

3 Thank Paul S
tallaght, dublin ireland
“Superb "real" Indian food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Upon arrival we were greeted warmly and shown our table. The poppadoms (endless supply) along with 4 different sauces were on the table waiting for us, you must try the coconut relish!

9 of us went to Mehek on recommendation of a work colleague, we were not dissapointed at all.

We ordered 4 mix platter starters that came with a lovely pineapple and mint dips with them, delicious.

My main was a lamb chattinad, it was quite hot but the waiter must have seen my reaction and arrived with yoghurt quickly and it was much milder, great job. The rest of the party ordered kormas, passandas etc and ate their fill!

We also had garlic, coriander & onion naan breads, they were all finished. The house red & white and the kingfisher beer were reasonably priced...and we weren't shy!

Little touches like the traditional dishes the food is served in were great, the decor is simple, but very tastefully done and the toilets are spotless!

It was my first time here, we hope to make a monthly visit from now on!

Well done Mehek, we will be back soon! 10/10!

2 Thank flended