“Not a rewarding time”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Used our Rewarding Times voucher which cost us E69.95. This was to cover 5 courses and a glass of prosecco. We could only count 3 courses unless you count the amuse bouseand the glass of prosecco Sides were extra and were needed. Food was very disappointing and wine was expensive. We felt we were ripped off

5  Thank niftydublin55

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We got a voucher for this restaurant which was why we tried it. Lovely room with chandeliers but it didn't have a romantic atmosphere as it was very bright and the tables were very close together. The staff were very pleasant but they forgot to give us bread and our side dishes. The food was very good though and that made up for any hiccups in service. I would not go back again for a romantic meal but it might be good for a family celebration. It wasn't expensive for us because we had the voucher so I can't really comment on price.

2  Thank Fiona L
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Booking for lunch was at 2pm. Main courses were not served until 4.30pm!! We couldn't even get a drinks order in & had to send one of our company out to the bar to get a round! The service was so bad the table beside left after two hours as all they got was a basket of bread! When they asked for Christmas crackers they were told they had run out! We have been at this venue for Christmas eve lunch for several years & never experienced anything like it. There seemed to be no management in place & we were told they had to bring in staff from other parts of the business!! The reason I am giving two stars is because when the food did eventually come it was tasty. After been there for about four hours we got all courses & they took the service charge off..big of them, eh!!

4  Thank 5starDublin
Reviewed December 9, 2012

The food was tasty but the quantities were rather small. Dont mind paying 55euro for a meal but you should not be hungry when you leave the table. My friend wanted her steak well burnt but the french waiter questioned her as to why she wanted it like this and said that she was destroying the meat! I thought he was quite rude to her . You should not have to justify how you like your food cooked! Overall very disappointed in the meal.

1  Thank tripsterDonegal
Reviewed December 9, 2012

The service and food were the worst I have experienced in years. The dining room cramped so patrons cannot move around comfortably without bumping into other chairs. The bathrooms were freezing and messy. The staff could not be bothered. We were seated at latte and I did not receive the drink I ordered for an hour. At this time we placed our orders and the mains came at an hour and a half later. I am not exaggerating. The starter of goat's cheese and beetroot was sparse and thrown together. The main of turkey and ham with stuffing was dry and terrible. There was barely any gravy and no vegetables or spuds. Any pub carvery would be better. I will never be back.

3  Thank SoVeryHungry33