“Need to offer better service”
Review of 105 Cafe Bistro

105 Cafe Bistro
Ranked #70 of 209 Coffee & Tea in Dublin
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Went their for breakfast this morning, had gone once before on a weekend, a girl who looked pissed off to be there asked did we want breakfast, so I said yes and could I see menu. She told me no menu she would tell me either full breakfast orpocketd eggs. I asked did she have scones croissants etc . She said no just the two cakes a cake stand with two pieces of apple tart and biscuit cake. Not wanting apple cake for brekie we opted for two coffees, the staff not friendly and slow, no food options, and just felt girl was rude. They would really need to up their game. Lovely decor but poor staff and no breakfast options it won't survive

2  Thank Ciara D

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I have been meaning to write this review for a long time. I have been to 105 twice now and I thought maybe we were just unlucky on the first visit but now having gone back, I have to say I will not be returning in a hurry. The food is ok, both times I was there for breakfast. On the first visit, the coffee (latte) was only warm. When I mentioned the coffee could be hotter, we were offered another on the house (which I thought was really good service recovery) until she arrived back with the coffees and was served them in a very abrupt manner - one can only assume she didnt expect us to take her up on her offer of a replacement coffee! I felt really uncomfortable after that. However I gave them the benefit of the doubt and went back again recently. This time it was a different girl serving. She was very stern and did the bare minimum. When I asked for menu (I wasnt offered one), she gave me the lunch menu at 11am. It was like she didnt want customers bothering her! I had poaches eggs which were served uncooked. I sent them back. They came back fine, coffee was still not piping hot but at this stage I decided I wasnt going to complain anymore, I just wasnt going back. There are too many places in Ranelagh close by to bother with this place, and parking isnt exactly easy either.

2  Thank a-girl-goes
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Have been to the 105 twice now, both times with kids, last night with 5 children, would like to try it without, but the staff were very accommodating, asked us to visit again when we apologized for the kids. I ordered the fettuccine con vongole, but I hardly got a look in on the vongole my daughter liked it so much. We had to depart pre-dessert this time which was disappointing as it was super the last time.

Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

We had an excellent meal here tonight, there was a very friendly atmosphere and a place that we will definitely return to for the famous Sunday brunch :)

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Had afternoon tea and cake which was very good. Friendly staff and relaxed atmosphere. Nothing as good nearby.