“Nice oasis in the middle of a desolate dining area....”
Review of Wuff

Wuff
Ranked #73 of 2,558 Restaurants in Dublin
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Nice oasis in the middle of a desolate dining area....”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We got off the "HOHO" bus at the Fourcourts area around lunchtime, thinking we would eat lunch before visiting the museum. The problem is where? We walked about 5 blocks toward town....nothing....then moved one block away from the river, and came upon Wuff.

It was jammed...obviously the only good place around....but it was surprisingly good. We both had the steak sandwich on ciabatta bread with gruyere cheese and a pickled relish with great thick cut chips. Really good sandwich, and a great choice for lunch in the Jameson Brewery or National Museum areas north of the river.

1 Thank Gatorgolfer

“Tasty, friendly and off the beaten track”
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

After driving past this place one day in a taxi, I resolved to come back and check it out. I knew it was somewhere between Smithfield and Stoneybatter so I had a pint in the Dice Bar and asked the barman. This is what I said, 'I'm looking for a restaurant on a corner, big glass window, post modern, post ironic, monosyllabic name?'
'Wuff' he said.
'Excuse me?'
'Its called Wuff' he replied, 'it's across the road to the left, on the next corner.'
'Ah', I said and thanked him.
So I made my way down there. It was just after 7pm so it wasn't busy and a friendly young man sat me at a table by the door with my back to the window and the Luas tracks outside the front door. I don't know the connection but there's a Wuff on Benburb St in Dublin, California.
And so to the food and wine. I ordered a tasty Ribera del Duero, 100% Tempranillo which, at €29, was little pricey. But let's not quibble. I ordered the pan fried asparagus with truffle infused poached egg and hollandaise sauce. The asparagus was cooked al dente to crunchy perfection and the poached egg exploded with a saffron colored yoke at the merest touch of my fork. The sauce was lamentably bland and the 'truffle infusion' completely undetectable.
For a main, I opted for the special, a fillet of hake on a bed of oven roasted Meditterranean vegetables. The hake was substantial and meaty and cooked well although it may have sat on a salamander or under lights for a moment too long.
I rounded off my meal with a substantial cheese board and the obliging waiter stuck to my request for blue and hard cheeses, nothing creamy. I was delighted.
It all came to €64, which might sound extravagant for one but those were my choices. As I finished, Huff was filling up. It's a lovely space, staffed by pleasant and pleasing people. I'll be back.

1 Thank Hannibaltheh
Dublin, Ireland
“Great addition to the neighbourhood & lovely brunch”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Thus far I've only had brunch there - but 5 or 6 times. Great menu; good service; lovely food & a very new york in Dublin vibe to the space. Great addition to the neighbourhood and reasonably priced for good quality ingredients - with a choice of traditional (frys; scrambled eggs etc) and edgier (truffle infused eggs); really nice breads & lovely sausages. Only suggestion would be for larger tea pots as even the pots of tea for 2 are quite small.

Visited August 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Avocodo salad with no avocado but still charged ! Rough not wuff”
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Took a business colleague here to lunch he ordered fish and chips and the chips out weighed the fish by 5:1 but he seemed to enjoy it. I ordered an avocado salad with sliced steak - four slices to b exact with three quartered cherry tomatoes some dressed salad leaves and as I ate it I realised the only other ingredient was sliced onion - no avocado! The server came to take the plates and as it was a business colleague I mentioned that there was no avocado on the avocado salad - the server went into a long explanation of how she would charge me for this rather than an apology and offer of not charging ! Impossible to discuss on a business luncheon occasion - trouble is I won't b going back - not good service, food not great. What a pity as I love to support eating places on the Northside of Dublin - wont b back .

2 Thank grainnehealy2
UK
“Nice spot a little off the beaten track”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Came across this eatery when out walking. On the Luas line, quite near the four courts and Smithfield.

Nice atmosphere, enjoyed the breakfast, good service and banter.

Papers were also available to browse.

Not the cheapest but will definitely be back.

• Visited August 2013