“Excellent Lunch in Beautiful Setting”

No. 27 Bar & Lounge
Ranked #599 of 2,756 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: International
Description: No. 27 Bar & Lounge is the place to see and be seen in Dublin. Always buzzing, serving creative cocktails and a wide range of food perfect for sharing, No. 27 sparkles with style and sophisticated fun.
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband and I and my parents had a very enjoyable lunch in No. 27 on Friday 12th July 2013. I had not been in the Shelbourne Hotel in years and this was my first visit since the rennovation.

We were very impressed with the foyer of the hotel which had been decorated beautifully with fresh flowers, hydrangeas, peonies and roses - my favourite flowers so a great start to the visit.

We got a nice seat by the fire in No. 27 even though the fire was not lit as it was a scorching hot day and in fact the air conditioning was extremely good and kept us very comfortable after being out and about in the hot sun.

My dad and I ordered the fish and chips which was lovely with lovely chunky white fish, frites and pea puree with a separate little jar of homemade tartare sauce, all of which was lovely. The portion was not very big but more than enough for a lunchtime meal. My husband got the club sandwhich which came with frites and the sandwhich was generously filled and he thoroughly enjoyed it. My stepmum tried to order the smoked salmon but was advised they had run out so ordered the shrimp cocktail instead. This was the only disappointment we encountered, we found it strange that they had run out of smoked salmon and could not arrange for someone to nip out an buy some more as it is hardly an exotic hard to source item. Unfortunately the shrimp cocktail was nothing more than some prawns (although lovely prawns) in sauce in a martini glass. There was no salad accompaniment or indeed a piece of wheaten bread for example. This made the dish disappointing and much less value for money compared to the other dishes we had. I hope they rectify this.

We had a bottle of white wine, didn't have room for desert, and the service was excellent, all in all a great experience and we will be back.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Terrific oysters, outstanding foie gras shipped over from The Saddle Room, excellent manhattans. Pricey but unfortunately worth it.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Great atmosphere in this restaurant/bar. My wife had the daily curry special which was excellent. I had fish and chips which were not as good as I have had at other restaurants. Overall a very good experience, but the prices were high for what we received.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We went here for a pre-dinner cocktail and also then cam e back afterwards for more drinks/dancing. There was quite a queue when we returned at 10.30pm, and seemed to be one in one out (even though what seemed like bouncers 'friends' were getting in without queueing!) but the queue did move quite quickly. The cocktails were delicious and not that pricey for Dublin, and the music was great. A perfect atmosphere inside, packed with people of all ages, a great fun night!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is a great lounge, great food at a hotel bar/lounge, what a treat.Always a great selection, need to take a drink to you room, no problem, they are happy to help.