“Best fun in Dublin”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Connected with The Celtic Lodge and Le Bon Crubeen
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Having dined next door in the adjoining restaurant, we were then led round the back into the Celt Bar. Wow! The music was wonderful, a great group including singers, non stop traditional Irish songs which put everyone in a great mood, and we soon got swept into the dancing. When a large hen party arrived, all wearing tiaras, we jokingly made our own out of beer mats, and were swiftly handed a sparkly plastic one from a handbag. Everyone in really good spirits, the Guinness was great, and it all seemed very unthreatening for a Saturday night, with everybody downing pints as if they were going out of fashion! This is an absolute must for any trip to Dublin.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,312)

Reviewed March 27, 2013

had a great night in here the weekend with friends after in Le Bon next door. Live music all night and such friendly atmosphere

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We visited Ireland this past November (2012) for our 35th wedding anniversary. Our two daughters joined us for the trip. We stayed in Dublin for 5 days. The Celt was right around the corner from our B&B. What a GEM!!! Our daughters found it first, on a Saturday night. The staff, Coxy, Paddy, Andy, David are just wonderful. I have to mention the locals, they are amazing people!!!The food is delicious. Wonderful craic!!!!!! Best Irish pub in Dublin. Music every night. We plan to return if only to see all our new friends again.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Before I went to Dublin I heard this is the place to visit so I had high expectations. and It was that great as I been told. nice music every nite, friendly bartenders and friendly locals. it took about 10minutes from that we came in to the pub and a local guy starts to speak with us. that NEVER happens in Sweden. loved every minute of the time I spent there. was there almost every day of our one week visit in Dublin. and the interior wow like it suppose to be in an old irish pub. Next time I'm in dublin you'll know were to find me!!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

This was my first Irish Pub I ever visited, and I know, I will come back. Great atmosphere, delicious meals that are not too expensive and wonderfully served Guinness.
The Celt Pub is not one of those pubs for tourists, although tourists like me are warmly welcome.
Topped with live music and excellent decorations.