“Great spot...but!”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Connected with The Celtic Lodge and Le Bon Crubeen
Reviewed January 31, 2013

The Celt is a great spot, often overlooked by locals. Great Guinness, although the music could be turned down a bit. It's loud. I work nearby and, as a smoker, I'm always on the lookout for good spots for a coffee and sheltered smoke. I popped in recently on my coffee break and was pleasantly surprised to find that they serve very good coffee. Only gripe is that it took almost 10 minutes to arrive (from restaurant next door) and a regular coffee (latte) cost a whopping €3.50! I would gladly pop in here every day for coffee if they brought that (restaurant) price down. Apart from that, nice staff, nice pub and nice smoking area :)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,301)

Reviewed January 28, 2013

The Celt is an Irish pub old style, far from the mass tourism in Talbot Street near O'Connelly Street. We read about the Celt pub some good reviews then we went. In the pub every nights good musician songs live Irish music. The ambient was really friendly like the stuff and the Guinness! :) Behind the main root there's a smoking room. We ate a very good Irish Stew and drunk an amazing Guinness!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was the first place my boyfriend and I went when we arrived in Dublin. It's very close tto the Celtic Lodge. Absolutely beautiful. A very old, historical pub. I will be going back this year!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

we stayed in celtic lodge so this pub was beneath it it was quiet we arrived in but the barman was really nice as was talking to everyone that was there good friendly pub there is music at night but we were not there for it but good place

Reviewed January 18, 2013

If eating in here the bar menu is excellent, if you want the full menu eat next door in Le Bon Crubeen as it is the same menu but nicer surroundings. The tomato and red pepper soup is lovely, so is the smoked salmon and please try their soda bread made with guiness, delicious.

1  Thank JORGE848