“Hen Party”

The Mint Bar
Ranked #437 of 2,639 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Venture beneath the Westin Dublin to experience the moody sophistication of the Mint Bar. Concealed within the original vaults of the old bank, the Mint Bar is the reoccurring winner of 'Hotel Bar of the Year.' This versatile venue is Dublin city centre's leading cocktail bars while the extensive menu ranges from lunch and dinner options to bar bites.
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I did the cocktail masterclass here for my hen party on a saturday afternoon in October. It thought it was exceptionally good value for what we got. The girl who gave the class was excellent and they drinks were really excellent. I would highly recommend this venue for a party of any kind!!

There are newer reviews for The Mint Bar

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We just loved The Mint bar! It is an old bank vault and feels very gothic. The service was excellent and the food delicious! We really enjoyed the live music as well! We went there several times during our stay.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

The Mint Bar is well named - it's in an old Bank Vault. The ceilings are domed and the cement walls make you feel like you're in on a secret. The waiters and bartenders are all very friendly and helpful. The desserts are very nice. The Irish coffee is terrific. The seating is spacious and the lighting makes you feel intimate and welcome. We were staying in the Westin so it was fun to pop downstairs after a day and evening of sightseeing to recap the days events over a pint or two. They could use some music - granted we were there mid week so maybe they do have some on the weekends.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

The bartenders here took great care in what they did and the drinks were top notch. It was the perfect place for us to have a nightcap.

1  Thank Malachy F
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The Mint bar is located in the basement of Westin hotel - and although the hotel guests are most obvious audience, people from the street come there quite often.
It was not my 1st time visiting the Mint - I stay at Westin quite often and like to go to Mint for a quick drink/bite or when I am not hungry enough for more formal Exchange :).

This time round I was not in the mood to leave the hotel in search for the food and knew that Mint will offer something quick and tasty. Was not disappointed.

Soup of the day was cream of spinach, curry and lentils. As I failed to imagine how would it taste like, I was intrigued enough to order. To its benefit, soup was just right with a little hint of curry but major flowers from lentils and colour from spinach. Good deal.
Main course was fillet of seabass on the heap of mashed potatoes and greens. I had seabass at Mint before and was not disappointed this time.
All this came down with Tom Crean's Premium Irish Lager which I discovered during this visit to Ireland and liked a lot.

Service was fast and attentive, waiters stopped by frequently to check whether I would like something else and check was produced expediently.

All in all, the Mint bar never failed me before and this experience was just good. Note - if it's full it can become quite noisy due to the stone walls and ceilings, but this is bar after all and one expects bar to be noisy.

Menu have lots of choices for starters and mains so is not that limited.
Recommended.