“Great find in Camden Street”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Neon

Neon
Ranked #174 of 2,543 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hampshire, United Kingdom
“Great find in Camden Street”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

We struggled to find somewhere to eat where you really got good value for money as everywhere in Dublin seems so expensive. This was by far the best, very busy (because it's so popular) great variety of Asian food on the menu, you can see the chefs cooking it and the food arrives very promptly.

Beautiful rice and sweet and sour dishes, Portions are excellent served in the traditional noodle boxes with bowls on the table to decant into. A nice touch at the end is the free ice cream making machine! fantastic food highly recommended!

• Visited March 2013

• Korean first
Glasgow
“Simple process leading to amazing food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Neon has a great way of working. You walk in and if busy they take your number and you head to a local bar until they phone you to say they have a space. The food comes in take away boxes so if you dont eat it all you take it home!. The food is fresh and tasty. The service is fast and not in your face. Then to finish you are given an ice cream cone and sent to the Mr whppy Ice cream machine. Simple but effective as the place was heaving!
Highly recommend!

• Visited April 2013
Sacramento, California
“Good quantity, great quality, handy packaging!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stopped by Neon about 1 month back. It was very quiet, but I hear it can be really busy alot of the time. I liked the down to earth decor, very simple & a little arty & hippy. Back to basics.
We had the Thai Sweet Chilli Chicken, honey wings, ribs & rice & noodles. The wings were a let down as they were a little dry but the rest of the meal was very very good. Not too expensive, about 35e for 2 starters, 2 mains, sides & 2 drinks. The veg in the dishes were very fresh and the sauces were tasty. The kitchen looked to be all Asian chefs also which was a nice touch.
We got alot for the prices, we had way more than we could eat & all our food came in take-away boxes which was handy then, because we brought most of it home with us. They have water, bags, glasses, plastic knives, forks & chopsticks available at the counters & tables. Also they have bowls available on the tables which enables you to eat what you feel like and bring the rest away. They also give you an ice cream cone to fill & enjoy yourself.
The staff all seemed happy & chill & it reminded me of my own job, I often recommend customers at my place to go to Neon because it's decorated quite similar to my work environment.

Overall I liked Neon & I would go again. I am just as happy with the 7euro chow mein I get from my local Chinese, but If I had the money I would def go to Neon for a sit in meal and/or with friends.
Recommended!

• Visited February 2013
“Charming Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Love eating here.. Great value, unique atmosphere, and free ice-cream..!! I can safely recommend the duck spring rolls and Thai green curry!! Yum

• Visited April 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“One of my favs!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Frequent visitor in Neon, been coming here since it opened, love the style of food, how fresh and quick it is and of course the funky simplistic decor. Miss the Chicken chilli basil dish from the last menu, bring it back please! Great to see the same faces in Neon (staff and customers). Extremely good value, especially the lunch menu and who doesn't love a free ice-cream :)

• Visited March 2013