“Excellent”
Review of Jig, the Story of Irish Dance - CLOSED

Jig, the Story of Irish Dance
More attraction details
Owner description: Jig is a spectacular, high energy Irish Dance Show that showcases the best of traditional and contemporary Irish Dance. Jig introduces the audiences to the history of Irish dance and the many different steps, styles and dances that our part of our rich dance heritage. This live, multi-media show runs throughout the year in Powerscourt Theatre just minutes from Grafton Street in the heart of Dublin City and is a must see for anyone who has an interest in an authentic culture experience. Our world class professional dancers are guaranteed to impress. Suitable for all ages. Hop Up is our INTERACTIVE show for all those that want to Hop Up , learn to dance and have some fun. This Irish Dance experience opens with an impressive performance by our world class dancers who then invite the audience to take to the floor and learn some Irish Dancing. Fantastic entertainment for families, friends and corporate events. Suitable for all ages. Hop Up runs throughout the year in the Powerscourt Theatre just minutes from Grafton Street in the heart of Dublin City. All tickets include entry to the Irish Dance Museum which houses a collection of dresses, photos and other dance memorabilia.
Wexford, Ireland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Brought my wife and god children to this to pass an hour. I have to say it was just excellent and the best hours entertainment. The kids were literally jumping out of their skin for the entire performance. It was interactive lively and extremly professional. It was a great way to showcase Irish dancing in a clean environment with no alcohol. I would highly recomend this for all age groups. Great value and a super piece of culture and entertainment.

1 Thank stephen b

Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Simply Outstanding!”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Jig are a super-talented troupe of dancers who thrilled us with their amazing performance in September. Ours was a group of 70 academics from about 30 different countries, so I didn't expect much interaction. To tell the truth, I was afraid the whole concept might be a bit lost on them, but I couldn't have been more wrong! Darren and his team got us into the spirit of things right from the start, feet tapping and clapping, even the most introvert ones! By the end of the performance, all 70 of us couldn't wait to join in the dancing, and I was fairly shocked by the antics of some of them! I really can't recommend Jig highly enough, and I wish them all the very best in their wonderful venture.

2 Thank Barbara G
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Very nice!”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

This is a nicely put together combination of video and live dance. Did not love the initial videos before the show started of interviews on the street, and instead walked through the mini-museum right outside the theatre. The dancers were very good, and the best one was when they danced in sync to an old video. The brochure said they invite audience participation, but we did not have that (were a small crowd in the audience). Nice evening!

Visited November 2012
2 Thank Cheryl L
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My friend and I came across ‘Jig, the Story of Irish Dance’ when walking about Dublin city centre, and just decided to give it a go. It was fantastic!! Two extremely talented Irish dancers performed some dances for the audience, and then they taught the whole audience some Irish dancing! The dancers were really entertaining, and created a lively and extremely fun session. You were never put on the spot within the session, and the emphasis was always kept on fun, whilst getting to learn a typically Irish tradition!

If I’m back in Dublin I would definitely go again – this was by far the best thing I did whilst I was there!

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Paulzy
Southampton Parish, Bermuda
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Interesting!”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We didn't go on a show day but enjoyed the exhibit. Good location in the main shopping district. We were able to purchase dvds with irish dancing instruction.