“Best three courses I've had in a long while”
Review of Beckett & Bull

Beckett & Bull
Ranked #615 of 2,721 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Having been told about this place by our daughter, we decided to give it a try one Thursday night. Glad we did. Shared a bowl of chicken wings with a stonkingly good blue cheese sauce. Gorgeous bur sorry I shared! We followed with a homemade burger for the ladywife and tuna steak for me. Both lovely and served with generous salads. We were stuffed at this stage but who can say "no" to carrot cake? Not me, anyway. Glad I'm weak.

The place was far from full but the service was excellent and friendly. Will certainly be recommending this place to friends and will be back soon. Top notch!

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

This small restaurant is located at Kenilworth, just away from Harold's Cross Road. The food is tasty. The menu is limited but there's something for most people. It's a pity the restaurant does not open later midweek. The staff were friendly and were attentive.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

First time I came here was with the lads and it was fine, but to be honest we were expecting more from the look of the place. The inside was nice enough but there was a bit of a bad drainage kinda smell hanging around the table we were at. Service was good, but beers weren't cold and when we asked for ice, we were told there was none (in the middle of a heatwave?) Anyway, in all the food was good but nothing I havent had before.
Recently I decided to give it another go, benefit of the doubt, and brought the GF. we were seated fine but the music kept stopping and starting- was a bit of an atmosphere killer. The place was packed, which is great for them but us and about 3 other couples were right on top of eachother and when herself got up to use the bathroom the couple beside us had to move the table over- and shes a skinny girl. As before, the food was OK, we had the wings to start between us, I had the 10oz which was grand, but not great. She had the tequilla chicken which was a bit dry.
I had high hopes for this place and honestly, was disappointed both times. Menu isn't much different to other places in the area and I hate to say it, but I won't be back.

1  Thank James D
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My first time here yesterday evening. We had chicken wings to start which were very good.
For our mains we both had the Striploin Steak Special (€20) which came with Fries & Onion Rings. Cooked perfect and super value for money.
We usually eat in town or Ranelagh but we were very impressed with the quality of food & service here.

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

This is a lovely American food style restaurant, that does burgers, chips, wings etc. They also give you a complimentary tortilla chips to start with, which is a lovely touch. Food was really good, I had the chicken wings, which were as good as a restaurant famed for chicken wings in Ranelagh! The burgers are huge. It is hidden away on the junction between rathgar avenue and Harold's X. Staff are very friendly.