“A LOCAL TO CHERISH”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Beckett and Bull are new to the science and are a very welcome addition to the Terenure Village and Rathgar area

There are newer reviews for Beckett & Bull

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I recently went for a meal in Beckett & Bull with my partner, we live locally and I noticed it on my way home from work. When we arrived the restaurant was empty and we had our choice of seats. The staff were welcoming and extremely efficient. As the restaurant started to fill this level of efficiency remained which was pleasing. The restaurant is cozy with nice decor. The food was also very nice. They offer reasonable set menus but the a la carte menu is a little expensive. I enjoyed my meal and plan to come back for Sunday brunch soon.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Beckett and Bull is fairly new to the Terenure dining options and is well worth a visit for their breakfast of brunch menu alone

Reviewed August 9, 2012

So, its raining. And its a bank holiday weekend. And I'm in Dublin, staying with my sister. And we are staring at the cupboard deciding what to have for breakfast when my sister says, "lets go to Beckett and Bull for brunch". What a great decision. I'd been there before, midweek, for an amazing burger but there is something slightly decadent about someone handing you breakfast.

So we trudge off in the rain (only a 10 minute walk away) and enter the welcoming arms of the restaurant. The Menu is presented on clipboards and I wanted to tick each box. It ALL sounded delicious,but the age old breakfast dilemma remained - savoury or sweet? We all hummed and hahed, had sort of made up our minds to all go savoury but the lure of the pancakes with grilled bananas remained. I then suggested we all have what we want and then ALL share the pancakes, why not have a two course breakfast?

I had the traditional breakfast plate which was anything but traditional. A mound of soft scrambled eggs, crispy herb potatoes, savoury, oh so savoury black and white pudding and lovely crunchy well done toast - not just any old toast, but beautiful batch bread toasted. Yummy with a capital Yum. Other plates of deliciousness included smokies - smoked haddock in a creme fraiche and spring onion sauce, served with the most amazing chunky chips (there is an option to have salad, but get real!) or poached egg with hollandaise sauce and Louisiana fish cake. Light and yet satisfying.

We were all feeling pretty full, but decided, its a bank holiday, lets do this. So we ordered the short stack of pancakes with maple syrup, grilled bananas and strawberries. A pancake each (three of us, three of them). A perfect end to a perfect brunch.

My sister is lucky, she lives 10 minutes away. But wherever you are in Dublin I'd recommend you try this place. Its great!

Reviewed June 15, 2012

We were on a recent trip to Dublin and this place was casually mentioned as a great place to try out - it ended up being one the highlights of our trip. A really fab eatery with a large range of menu choices (and pricing to suit the pocket). The service was perfect throughout the evening, very attentive but yet not intrusive. Our table of 6 had a really enjoyable night and we will definitely be back.

4  Thank foodandwinegal