“Guests beware !!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #110 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Tralee, Ireland
“Guests beware !!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

My wife and I booked 2 nights.... Never again.
On arrival we were led to a room at the end of what was a dingy corridor.
What was supposed to be boutique room was musty, smelly, poorly cleaned and really not what they advertised. We immediately voiced our concerns and were returned to reception with the porter, we were offered a lame excuse as to the condition of the room and the option of cancelling the booking. I can assure you , that this was the first time we have ever had to cancel a booking anywhere!!!!!.... And to be quite honest, relieved to do . To add insult to injury, reception didn't offer to call us a cab, suggest an alternative hotel or even make an effort of an apology...... Shame on you La Stampa....... Hospitality and customer care at its worst !!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't believe the photos !!!!!!!
5 Thank Tony H
lastampa, Manager at The Dawson Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Tony,
I am most disappointed to read you did not like the room and have checked out from the hotel after just few minutes.
Firstly, I would like to take this opportunity to offer my sincerer apologies for any shortcomings in our service standards. Being a small hotel, we strive to deliver a high standard of personalised service to all our guests and in this case it appears your expectations were not met.
In the same time, I have researched the situation and I understand that our housekeeping staff has put in the extra effort to have a room ready for you earlier than the normal check-in time. They did manage and we were happy to have you checked in earlier. I also understand that you have immediately expressed your dissatisfaction about the smell in the room to the hotel porter and returned to the front desk two minutes later.
Both, the hotel porter and the receptionist assured me that they did offer you to see other rooms as many of them were still available and in cleaning process.
While I do respect your choice to check out, I guess my colleagues were only a bit surprised by how quick the decision was taken and, indeed, as a result they did not offer to call a taxi or to call another hotel. For this I can only ask you to accept our sincere apologies again.
Tony, I’d like to thank you for your valuable feedback as it allows us to learn and address existing problems and ultimately improve our service.
Daniel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Turkish first
Stafford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night, although the hotel is undergoing renevations at the lobby and stairs (maybe following reviews)' I found the staff to be great, room and shower excellent and breakfast was fantastic.

Location is very good near st. Stephens sq. and just near main shopping drag. I have to say that there was a nightclub next door which I heard as going to bed but didn't stop me sleeping.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
lastampa, Manager at The Dawson Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope it won't be too long before you are back again.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

...the EXTREMELY and I mean EXTREMELY loud night club next door... Bump bump bump techno music all night long 10:30pm-3pm ish. Actually, the first few nights we stayed here were quite pleasant ... Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday... Thursday night comes around and all hell breaks loose next door. Don't take my word, see for yourself, book a room here.

Staff was excellent, so accommodating... ZERO complaints. Location is fantastic. Classic room is a nice size, the shower had great water pressure. Bed comfort is so so. The main stairs are tiring (3 flights) after a long day.

Summary: I will not stay here again until the bump bump bump nightclub next door becomes an old folks home. PERIOD, the end.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Mcid3
Dear Mcid3
Thank you for your feedback and for choosing to stay with us in the first place.
I am extremely sorry to read how your experience with us has gone bad at the end.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by the noise.
I may assure you that we are now looking to address this issue as the room allocated to you should not be affected by the noise from the bar next door any day. Thank you again for informing us.
I’d also like to thank you for the kind comments towards our staff and the room.
In order to show you our best, I would appreciate if you could contact me directly for any future reservation.

daniel@lastampa.ie
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

Great Location !! Inside the hotel is a little disappointing (stairs and hallway) but the rooms are gorgeous !! staff friendly !! The bar is fantastic and overall will definately be returning again !!!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

lastampa, Manager at The Dawson Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Caroline,

Thank you for taking your time to post the review.
We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and you liked our rooms and bar.
I also want to thank you for your kind words about our staff.
We look forward to welcome you back to our hotel for another great experience.

Best regards,
Bray, Wicklow, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

I Wasn`t happy with our room whatsoever. I paid for junior suit ,180 per night and the state of the room was horrendous. Room hasn't been hovered, Promised flat screen TV turned out to be and Old bulky TV with no remote! Room was freezing upon arrival and it stayed like that since as it just couldn't keep the heat, the air conditioning had to be on the whole time and let me tell you it was noisy. not a chance of nice quite sleep. As top of the icing there was still rubbish in a bin from previous guest. The small Luxury hotels of the world? I don't think so. I don't understand how this hotel got4 stars. I'm working in 5 star luxury hotel and we do things way different. The morning breakfast was served by an extremely unhappy waiter who just wanted to get rid off his customers as soon as possible. I frankly recommend any other hotel rather than this. After my very polite complaint like answer to receptionist question of how was our stay all what I`ve been told is that people do mistakes. Thank you.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LukasPetrovich
Dear Lucas

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
I am sorry to read your stay was sub-standard and not enjoyable.
It's really disappointing for us as well because this is definitely not the standard of service that we pride ourselves on here at La Stampa Hotel.
I have shared your review with all my staff and since we could easily identify your reservation, I have discussed and addressed the issues with everyone involved. You’ll be glad to hear that we have now carried out corrective training and hope that these problems will not occur again.
Please accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations on this occasion and thank you again for your valuable feedback.
Should you consider giving us a second chance we would truly appreciate the opportunity to restore your faith in La Stampa and look forward to proving this to you.
Please contact me personally to make the booking when you are coming to Dublin. My email address is shown below.

Daniel Fodor
daniel@lastampa.ie
The Hague
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

The location of this hotel couldn't be better. It is in front of the Lord Mayor's House, in Dawson Street, a central lovely street full of nice pubs and restaurants and few meters far from Grafton Street, Steven's Green and Trinity College.
We reseved a room as members of Small Luxurious Hotels and received an upgrade to a suite as promised. We liked it very much. It was a very big room furnished in a venetian style with some asian elements. The bathroom looked very nice, but was not too useful. The old-fashioned bathtub in the middle of the bathroom was not easy to use, as one had to wash oneself sitting down in order not to wet the whole floor. There was no standing-up shower.
Unfortunately during the weekend of our stay, due to some water shortage in the whole city we had no water from 8.00 pm to 6.00 am the first night. That resulted in some problems with the central heating in the hotel, we did not get any warm water and we e were compelled to take an ice-cold shower… Not the hotel's fault.
Staff was really friendly and helpful. Our sink got plugged, but the room service solved the problem few minutes after calling the reception.
The reception of the hotel is on the first floor, but we do not have complaints for that, as many other reviewers, since our luggage were carried up by the staff at the entrance and brought to the room.
Breakfast was served in a dark pub downstairs, with loud music. Buffet had a poor selection for a four star hotel.
In conclusion, maybe the hotel needs more maintenance, but we liked our room and enjoyed our stay in La Stampa very much. Recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear NicolMor

We are all delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at La Stampa Hotel despite the unfortunate water shortage problem.
Thank you very much for your kind words and for your valuable feedback.
Please do come and see us again soon