“Strict minimum...”

Paddy's Palace
Ranked #71 of 106 Specialty Lodging in Dublin
“Strict minimum...”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Wifi issues, lack of bins and toilet tissue in bathrooms, not so clean showers, reception+kitchen in another building separated of bedrooms... but welcoming and nice people and free shuttle to go to the airport from the hostel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Marine F
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and for your feedback. We are working every day to resolve our WIFI issues unfortunately the layout of the buildings doesn't allow us to do much.

I hope you enjoyed Ireland.

Dora

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Wilmore, Kentucky
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My friend and I decided the night we arrived to book a hotel on hotels.com because the lodgings were so filthy and unsafe. There were no lockers under the beds, a luggage room anyone could get into at any time (even if they didn't have luggage!), mold all through the bathroom/shower, and even the Irish gal at the desk, after we asked for our refund, told us how horrible the place and the owners were and how she couldn't wait to get out of it! And...the icing on the cake, when we talked with our Dubliner tour guide the next day and told him where we spent our first night, he burst out laughing! and said, "How in all the hostels in Dublin did you end up in that one?! (Lol) We have some really good ones ya know." Thanks... Yea, since we decided to stay there based on reviews from here and hostel world, I decided to come back here and make sure to do my best to help whomever else was reading this to not end up there. It was really a filthy, sketchy first introduction to Ireland. :/

Room Tip: Don't do it!!! They may be "world class" for their tours, but their accommodations put...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Isaiah61123
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear you had an unpleasant stay. We offer a simple package which involves clean rooms and basic breakfast, nothing more and nothing less. Unfortunately we cannot control the smell of the rooms as many people occupy them, but we maintain a high standard of cleanliness throughout our facilities which are cleaned every day.

I hope you enjoyed Ireland never the less.

Dora

Travelers are raving about these Dublin hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I stayed here in June 2013 as I was going on a paddy's bus tour across ireland and it departed from here.
The common areas were stuffy and cluttered.
The showers were a push button that was boiling hot and no way to turn it down with no fan in the bathroom it made for a terrible shower experience!
It was probly the worst hostel I stayed at in Europe. I mean hostels are meant to be cheap and not the greatest but this one was definitely not a place I'd stay for longer than a night! The room we stayed in for 2 people and was dark and shoebox size. All night I could hear the traffic light pedestrian buttons.

Basically don't stay if you want to get a good night's sleep.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Chloette W
Dear Guest,

I hope you enjoyed Ireland never the less.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

The 'Palace' itself is very basic, but is more than enough if all you need is a place to rest your head for the night.
The hot water was sporadic, and showers were rather hit and miss, but its clear that they are making improvements when and where possible.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank danrussell22
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, we are improving out facilities daily.

I hope you had a great time in Ireland.

Cadiz, Spain
Reviewed February 4, 2014

A friendly place where you can go in and out easily. They have a luggage room where you can leave your stuffs if you are leaving the room but not Dublin yet. Breakfast is include and you can use the kitchen to cook lunch and dinner. The kitchen is full of tools. The bus service for the airport is great. The only problem I faced was the shower. The water was frozen. No way to make it warmer. I haven't read anything about times for warm water.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and I apologize for the problem with hot water, we are improving our facilities daily.

Nebraska
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I stayed here at the beginning and end of my Paddywagon tour. I had a different room for each of my stays. Both were clean and weren't full of people. The location was really good, not near a busy intersection, but still close to popular Dublin attractions. The staff was friendly and helpful at all times. I always felt safe and secure; I had no issues and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to see you again soon.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed December 27, 2013

The staff is nice, helping you to find your way or giving you informations you need.
But if you want a better hostel, you have to pay more.
Of course, prices are cheap but you know why; the kitchen is really dirty, we cleaned dishes before using it. Breakfast is good anyway, two varieties of cereals, jams, marmelade...
I've been in a 10-bed ensuite room. It was good and warm. However, it was noisy the night because you could hear eveything in the street, people and wind blowing in your window.
Be sporty: no elevator and you could have a room on the third floor. If you have suitcases it's more difficult. What's more, the luggage room to leave one of your suitcase is downstairs at reception: you have to take stairs to put your luggage in it.
The bathroom is clean, the water is hot.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and I am glad to hear you had a pleasant stay.

We hope to see you again soon.