“Services”

Ranked #82 of 117 Specialty Lodging in Dublin
London, United Kingdom
“Services”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

The showers sometimes don't work (no hot water), the internet is really bad, and about the services, my God, they need help. I saw one receptionist shouting to people in the reception, and he was very rude to me and my friends and with people that I saw. There are more receptionists, and the girls are fine...just this one, I think he is Mauritius. He is really boring. Doesn't know how to treat others and I think services should be one of the best things in a hostel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
La Mirada, California, United States
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Paddy's Palace provided some of the best service and knowledge I have ever had a hostel. Abby helped me find my way around the city and knew of some really great places to eat and drink. They were genuinely helpful and nice people. Beds were great and comfortable. Rooms were very spacious. Overall, pretty great hostel.

1 Thank Ryan L
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed November 19, 2012

After a long overnight trip from LA in USA it was great to see the Green Paddy Wagon arrive at Dublin airport to collect me...for FREE, I might add too! Bonus 1...

I was only going to stay for 3 nights at Paddy' Palace hostel in Dublin, but the place was so warm and friendly, I ended up staying for 7 nights.
A budget hostel is a budget hostel and I wasn't expecting too much but I was made so welcome, even for my age...no one commented about it and I was treated by the staff and other backpackers as one of them.(I am well and truly a senior senior).

The girls and guys on the front desk were amazing and always smiling and helpful, so much so that I just couldn't be bothered moving to a different hostel in another area. Thanks Alita, Abby, Kate, Tony and all the amazing Bus drivers, esp Shaun. Once I got the WIFI working I was one happy camper and stayed on, enjoying the comings and goings of guests and watching the staff handle so many people from so many different places around the world... Bonus 2

If you stay at Paddy's for 2 nights you get a FREE full day tour to Glendalough and Kilkenny Castle if available Mon-Thurs and that was such a beautiful trip. (By the way, the Castle has a great tea room in the original kitchen of the Castle, with real china tea pots, cups and plates. The beautiful copper kitchenware is also on display there...fully recommend you go have a cuppa and pastries there)... Bonus 3.
I left feeling part of the Paddywagon family and feel I would be disloyal if I came back and didn't go to Paddy's again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Poppiedee
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My friend and I recently spent three nights at Paddy's Palace after completing a 4 day south Paddywagon Tour. The girls on reception were amazing! They upgraded us to an all female dorm and booked no one else in. So helpful with any inquiries we had, polite, and really chatty. They even printed our next hostel reservations and bus tickets off which was such a big help. We would recommend Paddy's Palace to any of our friends travelling to Dublin. The location is perfect, so close to the shops, Temple Bar, movie theaters, etc, and who could complain about a free shuttle to and from the airport! Such an added bonus and saves so much time trying to arrange transport to the hostel.

1 Thank jandals91
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This hostel is one of the most welcoming places I have ever stayed.

Paddys palace made staying in Dublin a pleasure.

The service which I recieved was great the staff working at paddy palace were the most welcoming and friendly I have ever met and this is coming from staying in over 100 hostels in various countries

The best example would be a very polite and well mannered aussie girl called abby after recognising that I was feeling a bit overwhelmed with finding my way around the city and not having a servicable internet connection on my cell phone Abby spent 15 minutes explaining how to travel to where I needed to be for business giving me the numbers for the best cab firms as well as bus and luas routes and fare information without this exceptional and voluntary assistance I would have wandered the city like a lost dog

The tour trips offered by paddys are a great and the drivers have an informative and well planned itinerary for you and make transport between stops enjoyable with songs and stories reminding me off the good old school days

I would strongly reccomend anyone to book here even if its just one night

Paddys palace fly the flag for irish hospitality and culture

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Thelastknightofmalta
Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 19, 2012

The girl on reception had as much personality as a rock...she was totally not interested! Told us the basics and we had to go back and ask (beg) for towels (knew we needed them but forgot!).
Pretty dodgy security, had to buzz at the main door and they would open it...for anyone who buzzes I would guess!
We stayed in a twin room - was on the 3rd floor at the top of very steep stairs (no lift). It absolutely stank and the carpet was filthy. Just enough room for 2 bags on the floor and the 2 people who own them standing next to them. The train line was about 15 metres (not exaggerating) from our window and it was sooo noisy. One advantage - the heater worked, but it wasn't really cold enough to have it on.
Communal showers/toilets were actually quite clean by hostel standards. Kitchen was fairly clean and tidy, although I'm pretty sure the milk was off, and the bread was mouldy.
Pretty good location except for being so close to the train line.

1 Thank SKateWA

Travelers are raving about these Dublin hotels

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The room (privet) was to small , the cleaning was poor, the staf wasnt that helpful or nice . in this rate we slept in Dublin in much better hostels . the only good thing is the free shuttle bus . but then again paying 6 Euro for airport transfor and sleeping in better hostel is preferable.

2 Thank Shimrit C