“Amazing....”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We booked the Greenhouse for a work Christmas lunch for 8 of us. The food was amazing (even straightforward things like the bread). Service was excellent, prompt and efficient. Definitely one of Dublin's best restaurants and worthy of a star of some sort. One to watch!

1  Thank zipzip1977

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Was in Dublin City Centre and decided to head out for lunch, as I was in Dawson St I headed for Bleu which was no more but replaced by The Greenhouse. It was honestly a delight, the food was absolutely awesome, my colleague described it as taste explosions. It was on the pricey side however I have to say it was worth every cent. Only slight negative is the service just needs sharpened up a bit but considering the quality of the food it would be somewhat churlish to mention it. All in all a superb lunch.

1  Thank Graham K
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

Was really looking forward to my meal here having read such fantastic reviews. The service was great and the staff were very helpful, but I just didn't love the food. Had the tasting menu-had some scallop dish with potato risotto which was delicious, but I didn't enjoy the other courses. I've had lots of tasting menus and I'm usually licking the plate! But the other dishes just didn't appeal to me, with very strange combinations of flavours that just didn't work. Overall, we had a nice evening but given the price of the menu, I expected more. Maybe I was just unlucky!

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Last October, myself and husband had a significant wedding anniversary, for this reason we were given a gift voucher by our Daughter for the Surprise Menu at the Green House Restaurant.
We arrived at the Restaurant looking forward to a wonderful evening, both myself and my husband love the concept of “tasting menus” they are always such a surprise.
Albeit our voucher included various wines which accompanied each course, we decided to have but one wine and simply ordered a bottle. When the wine arrive (white) it was warm, having brought this to the attention of the Sommelier, she immediately brought a large ice bucket and immersed the wine in ice.
We were asked if we had any paraticular dietary requirements prior to sampling the tasting menu. My only requirement which was relayed to the Maître D was, that I do not like very pink meat, apart from that I was looking forward to sampling the dishes on the “surprise” menu.
The first course was fish, the second course was Foie Gras, the third course was, again fish a small piece of cod and when it was presented was very cold. As the the service was appalling, I can only imagine this dish had been left sitting waiting to be served.
Having waited approx. thirty minutes, the main course arrived, both myself and husband were feeling quite hungry, the waiter arrived to the table with BBQ pheasant for us both. I cut into the pheasant and to my horror I discovered the it was wet and cold. Having turned the meat over on my plate, I almost feel from the chair, to discover the pheasant was uncooked, there were also large clots of blood attached to the meat. Not only was the meat undercooked, the pheasant had not been cleaned.
I immediately told my husband I wanted to leave, I did not wish to sample the remaining dishes, In fairness the Maître D appeared to be horrified. when I produced the voucher for payment he realized the amount on the voucher far exceeded that which was consumed. He offered to refund the difference, we declined as I personally have no wish to return to this restaurant.
The above mentioned episode was bad enough, dreadful food and a wasted evening. However to compound this dreadful experience, on the way out of the restaurant we were met by whom we feel may have been the restaurant manager, an extremely pretentious and snooty gentlemen.
He was extremely condescending, no apology whatsoever and advised “you really have to be familiar with the concept of a surprise/tasting menu, and it’s not up to everyone’s taste” how rude. My return comments were, warm wine, cold fish, undercooked pheasant, with clotted blood, certainly a big surprise. Both myself and husband are very familiar with tasting menus, and have had them in several restaurants always of a superb quality.
I really do not think from my experience the restaurant was of a good standard, waiting staff running around like headless chickens, very bad service definitely not worth a return visit.

14  Thank mitzikate
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We went with friends to the Greenhouse. We had the tasting menu and it was simply superb. The taste & presentation of each course was just perfect. From start to finish it was faultless. The staff were very professional & friendly. Well done to all involved.

1  Thank gmo2