“Not disappointed!”

The Greenhouse
Ranked #184 of 2,547 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: European
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dublin
“Not disappointed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Went for lunch on a Saturday with five friends. The food was simply amazing. Everything was presented beautifully, with such exsquisite attention to detail. The portions may have been on the small side, but the flavours definitely were not. The set lunch at €30 is excellent value, especially when you consider the amount of work that has obviously gone into creating each plate of food. We also found the service to be perfectly balanced:- attentive, without being overbearing or stuffy. I'd very happily return to try the tasting menu.

1 Thank Teddius

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Antrim, United Kingdom
“Just the restaurant for me!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Excellent, excellent, excellent, that was for all three lunch time courses. To begin Cured Clare Island Salmon, warm ponzu mayonnaise, radish and apple, yummy yummy washed down with a glass of Hugel Trimbach perfect! Main Glazed Cod, peas, scallop and brown shrimp ravioli, duck ham and mussel butter - the flavours, the colours and the marriage of the ingredients of this dish were outstanding.
Saw the Passion Fruit Souffle with passion fruit sorbet coming out to another diner, so 'oh yes must do', and it did not disappoint.
Have recommended now to friends in Malahide and they are all 6/8 are going next Thursday, but I don't think they will be disappointed. Thankyou Gabor and to all the staff for a truly memorable experience. Two course lunch Euro 25 and three course Euro 30.
Be back soon, sorry you are not in Belfast!!

Prague, Czech Republic
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yes, Yes, Yes !!......and Yes!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

We went and spent wonderfull evening at this restaurant with our friends. We were so excited by degustation menu, wines and whole culinary skills that we were so disappointed when the last course was served. Servis was like a professional ballet performance. Special thanks waiter called Gabor, amazing servis and demeanor. The price was higher but reasonable for this experiance and standard. We look forward t our next visit. Your GreenYacht Team for Prague!!

dublin
“Shame about the service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

The food is outstanding. Every single feature that came to the table was fantastic. Flavours, combinations and presentations were all world class. All that said the meal felt rushed. There was very little room left between dishes. From the first explanation of the menu came with a "if you want to order the tasting menu at this time of the evening" which was unprofessional and rude. To the four staff who stood watching and waiting for us to leave from 12.15. Considering the restaurant gave us the 9.30 booking it took the goodness out of an otherwise well deserved reputation.

1 Thank patrickandjen
dublin,ireland
“I promise not to mention the 'M' word!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

I had heard great things about this restaurant from friends of mine whose culinary skills and restaurant critiques I respect so I booked the restaurant for lunch mid-week. I was looking forward to a good meal, but having been fortunate enough to make a return visit to Guilbauds the previous week to celebrate an anniversary, I was not expecting to be bowled over. How wrong I was! My friend and I had ordered from the set lunch menu as it was just a casual catch-up lunch but as the food arrived I realised that I was in a very special place and regretted that we had not given the Greenhouse the respect it deserved and ordered the tasting menu.
Our three dishes each were faultless - the stand outs from a consistently excellent array of dishes were the quail starter - the darling little leg and breast, the sublime liver parfait inside the crispy tube! - the cod with liquorice, brown shrimps and other marvellous marriages of flavours and yes that passion fruit sorbet which deserves all the accolades it has garnered to date.
I loved the room - an elegant aquatic type calm pervades - and I loved the glasses, the plates, the wine list, the service and pretty much every damn thing about this place.
Patrick Guilbaud's is still the handsomest dining room in Dublin and I adore the 3 musketeers, Monsieurs Guilbaud, de Brune and Robin, for what they have done beautifully and consistently for over 30 years in Dublin and I will keep returning to them but perhaps they will need some Dutch courage to fend off the challenge that the Greenhouse puts up to them and all the other Michelin starred restaurants in town. (O.k. so I mentioned it - I lied!)

1 Thank goggsDublin