“Delicious mediterranean food”

Ranked #172 of 2,928 Restaurants in Dublin
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I had the privilege to be at an international conference that included a visit to the Chester Beatty Library and a reception at the library that was catered for by the Silk Road Cafe. All the food was vegetarian and very good it was. We were offered a wonderful range of mains and delicious salads and delicious desserts. The food was wonderful to look at, an explosion of colour and textures, and even better to eat. Fresh, interesting, with careful and skilled use of spices (you wouldn't expect a juicy watermelon to be improved by some infusion of not sure what but it worked beautifully; creative use of saffron in the icing of pretty cupcakes etc.) - everybody at my table was full of praise and some people even said that it was the highlight of the conference. The chef (owner?) is originally from the Middle East and combines traditional dishes with innovative and inspired ideas - if you like Ottolenghi's food, you will enjoy this place enormously.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

This is a gem of a restaurant located in the Charles Beatty Library. Several yummy food choices
and dessert to die for. The cheese cake was the one I chose and I was delighted. The price for a full meal and dessert was only 10 euros. Price and quality of food is the best I found in Dublin.
Don't miss this extraordinary place that uses spices to awaken your taste buds in a mild and delicate way. Soon they are having a Cooking School here.

1  Thank Kentuckywoman1
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Located in he Chester Beaty Museum, this is much better than your typical museum cafe. Lots of excellent gf choices for both main courses and sweets. Highly recommended.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

They had possibly the best falafel I've had in Europe, and the salads were all delicious! And cheap too.

Date of visit: June 2014
1  Thank Helinela
Reviewed June 18, 2014

It surprised me to find such a variety of fresh, flavorful, incredibly welll-made food at a museum cafeteria. I had a lamb dish with spinach that was hearty, tender, and spiced just right. All of my side dishes were similarly wonderful. The portions were pretty huge. I didn't think I'd be able to finish, but it was so tasty that I found myself going back for more dessert! Honestly, this will stand out as one of the best Middle Eastern meals I've ever had.

Date of visit: June 2014