“Odd Food Selection - and usually runs out”
Review of Silk Road Cafe

Silk Road Cafe
Ranked #223 of 2,689 Restaurants in Dublin
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I've been here several times as I love the Library, and each time I struggle to find something to eat - if there's food left to order.

It's so very popular, and for some reason there's never enough food to last the distance of lunch.

They few times I have eaten here, and I've been able to eat, it's been delicious.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

If you can find the Chester Beatty Library, there's a treat in store. The Museum and its collections are simply amazing, great layout and design. The restaurant, which is self-service has a wonderful range of dishes to suit every taste including the most fussy of vegetarians. As it was Writers Week, we had the added bonus of a 20% discount on the price. It was incredible value for really good food. The decaffeinated cappuccino was the best we had in Dublin. We will be back. PS Try to get a table in the covered courtyard, gives the feeling of eating outdoors

Rikke C, Manager at Silk Road Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Hi Happy186605, Thank you so much for your review. We are delighted, that you like our food and decaff cappuccino.
All the best,
The Silk Road Cafe Team

Reviewed May 10, 2014

The Chester Beatty Library at Dublin Castle holds a collection of Middle Eastern art, so it's in keeping that the cafe would also feature food from the Eastern Mediterranean area. In an area of the library reached by an atrium and small courtyard with a peacock-feather themed pool, it's inviting. Walk into the self-service restaurant and the array of food continues the invitation to healthy and delicious dining.

There are salads and a range of hot meals. Portions are generous. Save room for honey-drizzled pastries or Turkish delight at the end of the line.

There is something to suit almost every taste, but vegetarians and vegans probably find a wider choice than in many places. If I worked in central Dublin, I think I would have many lunches here. Yum.

Rikke C, Manager at Silk Road Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Dear Margaret, Thank you so much for your lovely review. We value hearing our customers opinion on all things.
All the best & hope to see you again
The Silk Road Cafe team

Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

great salad buffet with good variety. I had a mixed salad as starter and a middle eastern flavoured fish dish. Very good coffe too.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

I ate here twice on my recent visit to Dublin. It is the perfect place to chill out after touring the Chester Beatty collection or Dublin Castle, but is also worth a visit in its own right, Linked to the Little Jerusalem and Little Damascus restaurants, the focus is on food from the Eastern Mediterranean. The range of choice is excellent. Vegetarians are particularly well catered for. The staff are helpful and attentive. Even if there seems to be a queue, it moves quickly. Though self-service, I noticed that older visitors were unobtrusively helped with trays etc. A very human touch. The coffee is first rate and the Baklava and Lokum (Turkish Delight) are addictive.