“Cracking spot”

Brother Hubbard North
Ranked #2 of 117 Coffee & Tea in Dublin
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our aim is to serve simple, fresh food and drinks that are made with a lot of love and effort so that they can be something that we can be proud of, something you can enjoy.
Prague, Czech Republic
“Cracking spot”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

This place had been on my "to-do" list for long time, so a friend and I headed here for coffee on Friday afternoon. A lovely place, great coffee and service. We lingered over coffee and as they bake fresh every day and it was approaching closing time, they gave us our pick of the bakery to take home free of charge! A lovely touch. We will be back.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank thenakedtourguide

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Galway, Ireland
“nice ambiance, good food”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

The food here is good, simple and tasty. I had the portobello mushroom soup, and while it could have tasted more like mushroom for me, it was good, my fellow diner had the salad plate, my one complaint would be a slight lack of seasoning across the board. The place is very much on trend at the moment, hopefully they will continue to get better.

• Visited January 2014
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A little disappointed!”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I ordered coffee and what they call, the best sandwich in Dublin. To be honest I don't know if it was just my sandwich, or that is the way to do it. But it wasn't even close what a sandwich should be. I couldn't eat the bread,. Two slices of bread ( were toasted, but they served cold) for a mountain of pork an veg, with not sauces or anything. Hard to eat!!! My girlfriend ordered another type of sandwich, it was better, but the bread seemed De-frozed, very dry. I really think they need to improve in the type of bread. One suggestion...Ciabatta bread

• Visited January 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent”
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely intimate place for coffee or lunch.
My wife bright me here and we had the egg breakfast,
It was substantial and really nice.
Staff were excellent. Essentially this restaurant/ cafe is a unique experience and worth a vist

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Amazingly imaginative breakfasts”
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

A breakfast menu like no other. I had the Moroccan special - poached eggs on toast with an aubergine, chickpea and Harissa mix topped with hummus. A flavour explosion. It's pricier than your average breakfast but for good reason I think and it kept me going until dinner. I would have given 5 stars had the welcome been warmer on arrival (though the waiting staff were lovely) and had my chair not rocked each time someone went past which, being sat effectively in a through-route, happened a lot. Also, I think the clean but cavernous toilet would be better split into two for such a busy place and something done to make you feel a bit less conspicuous when in there (opening up as it does straight into the covered outdoor part of the seating area). Get in before 11.45 on a Sunday if you don't want to queue too long (for the cafe that is, not the toilet!).

Visited December 2013