“food is amazing”

Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 25, 2012

you will never be disappointed with the food or the service here..the chef is superb.....we have visited many times whilst in dublin, and they have a nice octagon cocktail bar to chill out in, after shopping....watch out for some celebs too..

3  Thank BakerBarnsley

Reviewed July 31, 2012

My Husband & I have eaten here on a couple of occasions since it changed names (again) and I keep thinking, I must review it on Tripadvisor. I feel that the location of this café is the best thing about it, being well located within Lucan Village; therefore it is more convenient for parking. However, if you are looking for good level of service or food, then don’t choose here. (The River Café is better). The service is always slow and it is overpriced in my opinion. the reason I am reviewing this now, is because of my recent encounter there. The other day I popped in to have breakfast and ordered porridge and a macchiato. I was the only person there at that point, so it didn't take as long as usual. The porridge came in an oddly shaped bowl (one side of the bowl is taller than the other, so it looks as if it could spill out) and there was a small portion of honey and cream accompanying it. The porridge oats were not cooked enough as they still tasted hard but I was in a hurry and knew it would take longer. The coffee itself has an odd ‘sharp’ taste to it, I am a real coffee lover and although it looked the part, I did not like the taste of it. The bill came to EUR7.45 or something like that (actually the girl incorrectly calculated it and when I asked her to repeat the price, she changed the figure). To my horror the porridge alone was EUR4.95, taking into account that we are no longer in the celtic tiger times and this is a small café in Lucan -how on earth did they arrive at that price? If something is worth the price I will have no hesitation in paying for it but I hate that feeling of being ripped off. I work in the city centre and have never paid this much for a bowl of porridge and the servings are more generous in the city centre to boot!. In conclusion, I am just not overly keen on this café. I have never had an evening meal here but if dining in the morning and at lunch time is anything to go by, it would totally put me off from trying it. As previously stated,I love the location of the cafe and I do actually like their scones but apart from that I think the prices do not match the service or level of food, therefore there is not alot to entice me to return there any time soon.

1  Thank Blaithin
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Dinner was overall good, great starters and a good choice of main on the three course option.Dessert was a bit disappointing.

Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

After recently moving into the area I decided to check out the local spots for some good lunch . First time I went to the tea rooms in Lucan my partner and I really enjoyed ourselves , place was lively , value is great and food was well above average also service was prompt and polite, UNFORTUNATLY the second time we returned hoping for the same experience the service was a real let down , the place was very quiet and we waited 10 minutes for menus , then after a further 15 minutes of no one coming back to us my partner approached the waitress to place the order as we were on a lunch break and couldn't wait any longer for the staff to finish chatting amongst themselves and come to us , from that point on every time the waitress came to the table there was this snobby look on her face as if we were being rude to ask for our order to be taken , are food arrived at almost the same time as our drinks , our plates were left in front of us but no cutlery was provided until we asked , not once were we checked on or offered More drinks , the food was great but UNFORTUNATLY I had to go back to work before I could even eat half , really was disappointed after this visit as I had planned on this being my local lunch spot , I have not been back since , Really was amazing on my first visit , hence my disappointment on second and most likely last

2  Thank Colm99
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We booked an evening meal here using top table. The ambiance is great, and the service was exceptionally good. But the food - absolutely superb, and the portions were large. We had starters of prawns with bacon and garlic; duck spring rolls (the best I have ever had). the Mains were seared tuna with glass noodles and chicken with wild mushroom sauce and champ - perfection. It all got better when the puddings arrived - bliss. We could not fault this place.