“Very enjoyable experience”
Review of Farmer Browns

Farmer Browns
Reserve with OpenTable
Farmer Browns is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #334 of 2,665 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: American, Irish
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Farmer Browns, is a small quirky eatery serving Irish soul food for breakfast lunch and dinner 7 days a week. Delivery available on the deliveroo website. For dinner expect to find juicy handmade burgers, Spicy Chicken wings, succulent roast free range Irish chicken & Hereford steaks, Mussels with lemon grass and chilli, a Board dedicated to the bruschetta with while roasted garlic, seasonal treats like rump of Irish Lamb and many other international favourites made the farmer browns way. We have also recently added a wide selection of fresh seafood, shellfish including crab claws!!For Brunch expect to find the best quality ingredients from small artisan producers like eggs Benedict, club sandwiches, the Fry, and a breakfast salad, along side favourites like burgers and wings. For lunch you will find the best sandwiches (homemade Irish soda bread) and soups along with home made hot dishes. Reservations can be taken for dinner only and it is advisable and brunch and lunch you call when you are five minutes away to secure the next available table...See you there!!
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Myself and three pals had a lovely meal and dining experience. We shared two platter starters and they were very tasty. Wings were gorge! Very moreish!! I had steak, cooked exactly medium rare as I had asked and desert sample plate was lovely too. Service may have been consider slow, but we were in deep conversation so it didn't bother us. Staff were very friendly and communicated well to us about our courses coming etc. we brought our own wine! Happy out. Will defo go back!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Judging by recent reviews farmer browns can be hit or miss unfortunately it was a miss for us we went for brunch on sunday and it was terrible i had a eggs benidict and my partner had a starvin marvin my eggs benidict consisted of warm white bread rubber bacon two practically raw poached eggs and supposedly hollandaise sauce my partner had a starvin marvin which was made up of overcooked sausage rubber bacon two poched eggs which were like bullets which is funny because mine were raw burnt pudding and cold cherry tomatoes when i complained to our waitress she said she would sort it out for us but came back 25 minutes later and said she was sorry she had forgotten about us and then charged us for this rubbish.
inedible food and shocking service avoid..................

1  Thank wendy t
farmerbrownsdublin, Owner at Farmer Browns, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Hi there, thank you for you comment.
We apologise that your breakfast was not up to our usual standard last week. I hope you can understand that while we strive for perfection 100% of the time, human error can sometimes work against you.

I am very sorry that your and your girlfriends breakfast was "inedible" due to 4 slightly under/over cooked breakfast items. A term which I feel you have over exaggerated do to the fact we use the best ingredients in Dublin, which we source from small farms and producers in Ireland.
A statement which I am proud to stand by.

I really wish you would have brought it to my attention on the day and I would of changed your breakfast immediately. Instead of going straight online and slating us for an honest human error.

Kind regards,
Farmer Browns

Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

I hope that Farmer Browns won't be a victim of its own success.
I went for brunch on Sunday and the food was a real disappointment. I ordered the starvin marvin and it arrived with barely buttered toast, no sausages, and a few cherry tomatoes instead of the usual grilled tomato. I asked the waiter about the sausages and he said that they had run out in the kitchen. These might seem like small points, and I'm ok with kitchens running out of stuff but why didn't someone mention this to me? The place felt like a bit of a cattle mart on Sunday and the plate of food I got seemed flung together. I had some chips too and they weren't great.
Such a pity because the raw ingredients are good quality, and that comes across.
I'm delighted to see a local restaurant busy but I feel that the kitchen in Farmer Browns is stretched beyond capacity and that the food has been better.

Please don't let greed compromise quality guys, it's too nice a place for that.

1  Thank Billybutton

Hi Billy,

I'm so sorry that your brunch was not up to our usual standard last Sunday.

That particular day was the Final of the All Ireland and we served over 450 breakfast in 4.5 hours.
It seems that you were in at the end of the day when we had just run out of sausages and our waiter forgot to mention this to you.

You seem to be one of a couple of tables that didn't receive the full farmer browns experience and I am deeply sorry of that. As you know we strive to have the best breakfast in Dublin but as we are not close to Croke Park we never anticipated such crazy numbers and we will know going forward. We are not in this for greed or numbers, all we want to do is serve great food consistently at great prices.

I hope to see you back in farmer browns soon as we genuinely value your custom.

Kind regards,
Finnuala Caffrey

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Absolutely love their brunch and they have amazing coffee too, great start to the weekend! Also, do an amazing dinner, our Vizsla (dog) wasn't turned away. Great service too!!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

My first time eating here (Sept 16th 2014) as had been recommended by a friend who is a regular, I had a very tasty hash brown with steak brunch with a lovely hollandaise sauce and my other half had the belgian waffles which I was told were "to die for". Staff very attentive & charming, thank you Farmer Browns!