“Gone Wong”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Have eaten here dozens of times over the years but have stayed away lately as the food is not the same as it used to be . Lots of the starters look like they came from the freezer in the chinese supermarket along with the sea bass that supposed to be caught fresh.I think they will need a longer rod to reel in new customers as others have copped on .Interior needs a good going over as you feel that you landed in the middle of a dust storm when looking up towards the ceiling lights.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

I took some friends here for a meal during my visit to Ireland. I have eaten here before but never reviewed it. I must admit I have never been disappointed. The restaurant has a luxurious ambience with dark furniture and deep red upholstry.
We shared a nice bottle Australian Shiraz, having selected it from a good if a little pricey wine list. We all ate a variations of Duck and each dish was very nicely presented and very tasty. Every plate was cleaned of every morsel of food when they cleared away after the meal. I just managed to squeeze in a very nice coconut ice cream before a coffee to top the meal off. The staff here are exceptionally friendly and looked after us very well. The meal for three with wine came to 101 Euros, very good value. I will return to Wongs when next in Clontarf.