“Great Lunch without a smile”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Fagan's Pub

Fagan's Pub
Ranked #317 of 2,547 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, European, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This is an extremely popular restaurant in Drumcondra - former taoiseach Prime Minister) Bertie Ahern frequented it regularly-- can't believe you don't list it. Has an excellent menu
Dublin, Ireland
“Great Lunch without a smile”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

This place is really efficient, get them in and get them out!!
I can not fault the food, first class and fresh.
Staff let them down, seem to be waiting on a redundancy offer or something abstract.
Very clean but lacking in warmth.
I will go again and again, perhaps they will warm to me someday!!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Tonton M

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Liverpool England
“Wonderful meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

My three friends and I had dinner in Fagan's on 7th March 2014. I had phoned to book a table two weeks prior and was told I did not need to book it would be fine to just turn up. I do not like to leave things to chance and phoned again on Wed 5th March and asked if I could make a booking and the staff member took my details. When we arrived on 7th a staff member (not realising we were the group who had booked) told us that they were fully booked. Imagine if I had not insisted on making a booking and we had missed out on what was probably one of the best meals we have ever eaten. The starters were scrumptious and the steaks divine - all cooked as requested. The staff were courteous and attentive. We had a meal in the city centre on Sat eve but it did not compare with the meal we had in Fagan's. To avoid disappointment insist on making a booking.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Knocktoosh
“Fabulous Irish Pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

What a great choice for dinner tonight. This is a pub with a fine dining menu! We enjoyed starters of crumbed garlic mushrooms and fried crumbed bree both of which were AMAZING. And the amazingness didn't stop there - our mains were chicken & ham pie and Steak & Guiness pie and they were both the most tastiest pies we have ever had. Served with creamy mash potato (or your choice of fries) and garlic buttery carrots and a side of salad.

Lovely traditional decor, clean and friendly environment.

Overall a really lovely pub experience.

London, United Kingdom
“Good value and efficent service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

Service efficient rather than friendly, though it was a busy Saturday evening. Should find something on the menu to suit everyone, though all pasta dishes had a creamy type sauce, so could not try myself. Curry hot in a peppery rather than spicy way, but could just be my personal taste. Many of customers local regulars as known to staff, which is always a good sign.

• Visited January 2014
Groningen, The Netherlands
“great food, lovely atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

Fagan's has a good selection of lovely food, like great home made burgers. The staff is very friendly and relaxed. We had dinner here twice during our holiday. The first time I wasn't very hungry so they suggested I could just have a starter. I had sea food chowder, which was plenty and gorgeous. They also do a Sunday carvery, which we didn't have cause we were a bit late, but it looked very tasty. The atmosphere is good, it's spacious and clean, just a great place to spend some time relaxing.

• Visited January 2014