“A very pleasant restaurant”
Review of Cafe Bar H

Cafe Bar H
Ranked #1,082 of 2,639 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Rita Crosbie has brought her flair and style to Grand Canal Square with her beautiful Cafe Bar H.....Enjoy delicious food or just a drink in this buzzy quarter on the water!
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This was a quick visit as we were going to the theatre. The service was excellent and the food likewise. A friendly, warm restaurant/wine bar. Highly recommended.

There are newer reviews for Cafe Bar H

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Have been here a few times for lunch. The Caesar Salad is usually very nice and plentiful and its what I always order. Today, for a change, I had battered fish and chips. The batter was very greasy so I only ate the inside with the fish. Chips were nice and tartare sauce was yummy. My Dad had chicken caesar salad because he loves it in there but the chicken was like an old boot. He struggled to get his knife through it and to be honest it looked like something that had been lying there a couple of days and reheated. I couldn't convince him to return it because he is a pensioner and its not something people of that era do but I did convince him to say it to them at the end. In fairness they apologised and said if it ever happens again that we should just send it back but to be honest I'm not sure we would go back. I could tell by looking at his chicken that it was tough so if a chef will send something like that out then one can only wonder. Disappointed as this was a regular place I took my dad for lunch. I did see some people getting pizza and they looked lovely though. I guess it was just an off day as usually the food is nice so I would not say avoid it.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

I was there today with a friend, we sat there drinking tea. We belong to a group of people who write and have met there before a few times. Well after 1 hour the owner walks up to us and tells us, that she has to heat this part of the room only for us. And that if we belong to a writers club we would have ask her first if we could be there. We were only two people drinking tea ... and at the entrance it says "café - bar". At the end she talked to us again and explained that it would only be fair that we eat something because she has to pay for electricity and heating. We should not come back if we don't plan to eat. Well... she does not have to worry, I won't go there ever again.. I had even planned to have a team event there.

3  Thank Roundaboutmoon
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We were rushing for show and the service was fairly prompt once we told them. The pizzas were good and sufficient. I had main course size prawns and was very tasty but you would need side order with it.

1  Thank KMAST5
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Had a lovely meal, the menu is very good, the service and atmosphere is great, prices are a bit high but I would definitely go back.