“Chaos!”

Cafe Bar H
Ranked #1,171 of 2,757 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Rita Crosbie has brought her flair and style to Grand Canal Square with her beautiful Cafe Bar H.....Enjoy delicious food or just a drink in this buzzy quarter on the water!
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Was here for birthday meal at the weekend and there was 13 of us. I understand there was some drama with our table with staff maintaining our booking was gone etc but I do not know the ins and outs.
Personally the food was beautiful! I had a pizza and the sauce was gorgeous. The crumble for dessert was lovely too and an average price. Also impressed with the wine list.
The night was tarnished by a chaotic atmosphere and staff who didn't seem in control of the situations at hand esp as it was busy. I had a great night personally but I felt sorry for my cousin who had to deal with poor service on her special night.

2  Thank VTadman

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Went here after being to a gig in the grand canal theatre.
The food is lovely, however we ordered cocktails, which we had to sent back as they were terrible.
We were told they didnt have the ingredients to make the one we wanted so the bar man just made up his own.
we were not alone as there were two people beside us who had ordered Cosmo's and these too were sent
back.
I would recommend the food and wine just stay clear of the cocktails.

1  Thank sueDublin_Ireland
Reviewed February 27, 2013

In a hurry for the theatre we had no reservation but managed to get a table & ordered a selection of tapas. The order arrived promptly & the prawns, calamari, patatas bravas & breads were all delicious & between two of us we were full. The atmosphere was great & the staff very good.
The bill (with three nice glass of sauvingon blanc) came to €43 which we considered to be good value for money .... we will certainly be back, its a great way to kick-off a good night.

2  Thank BernieH001
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Came here prior to watching Starlight Express. I had the vegatarian pizza, one of the best. Thin & stonebaked pizzas with lovely toppings. The feta cheese was gorgeous, creamy like.

Great atmosphere. Would recommend to friends

1  Thank leecurlywurly
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I've been here a few times now and every time I go I am disappointed. I love Spanish food so I keep trying to give them a chance. Me and my friend ordered 4 small tapas and the bill came to 50 euros! They were really small..we had the meatballs and there were only like 6 on the plate and they were small! Fish Smokey dish...3 small bits of fish and it cost 10 euros! Didn't even give us bread which is standard in all Spanish cuisine.

If you want Spanish food do yourself a favor and go to Salamanca or Market bar in town..this place it s total rip off and I'm not going back.

3  Thank ILiketoTravel035