Jacobs Inn Hostel
  • Breakfast included
Maple Hotel(Dublin)
  • Bar/Lounge
2,267 results
All reviewsfree walking tourfree breakfastbed dormpub crawlbus stationcommon roomcommon areaskey cardenjoyed my stayrooms are cleantemple barcity centrenice stayo'connell streetbedscurtainsprivacy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I am in my early 30s and wanted a cheap options for the 3 nights I spent in Dublin. This place is nicely located near transportation and the folks at the front desk were absolutely amazing. Even if you didn't book activities before you came to Dublin, they certainly could help you come up with some exciting adventures.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Isaacs-hostel, Guest Relations Manager at Jacobs Inn Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Delighted to hear you enjoyed the Hotel experience. Thanks a Million

Reviewed March 6, 2014

We spent 4 nights at Jacobs Inn with my sister in February 2014, at the time when we were attending to a conference in Dublin. We choose a 10-bedded dorm room, because it was quite cheap, but ensuite. The room was clean, such as the bathroom. We missed some more chairs and tables to sit down. There is only one in the room, which is ok, if the room is not full. It was a bit of surprise, that the lockers are in a separate room on the ground floor, so not in the room. You need to pay 2 Euros/day for using one of them. The hostel has a really good location to explore the city, it is near the bus station Busaras and the river Liffey, too. Only 20 minutes from the airport (use shuttle!!). Staff is helpful, knowledged and kind all the time. Breakfast is a nice touch to start your day, but maybe they should add some slices in the future...
All in one, we had a great stay, thank you Jacob's Inn.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Jvicky
NiamhBro, Public Relations Manager at Jacobs Inn Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. You included some great detail in your post but you left out what kind of slices we should include in breakfast and I'm dying to know!!

Reviewed February 19, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Isaacs-hostel, Guest Relations Manager at Jacobs Inn Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I have to admit that when I arrived, the place was busy and not tidy. The furniture is worn out and what not. However, what really turned me off is the stuffy and smelly dorm, and the very dirty washroom. More than I expected. Furthermore, there was no pillow case in the pillow I had and I had to ditch it.
The staff downstairs is very friendly though. Maybe they would have replaced the pillow if I asked, however, it was late and dark.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Why didn't you tell us about the pillow?? Of course we would have been happy to sort you out. Our hostel is cleaned every day - all the bathrooms are spotless when are staff have finished in the early afternoon. If as you say you arrived late and it was dark, unfortunately it was more than likely some messy room mates who dirtied the bathroom before you got to use it. I have no idea what happened with the missing pillow case but I assure you, had we been made aware of it we would have replaced it immediately.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

I really enjoy my stay at Jacob's Inn!! Staff are friendly and the room was warm and clean. The walking tour and Pub crawl it's so nice!!! The kitchen is large!! When i back to Dublin i'll stay here again!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
NiamhBro, Owner at Jacobs Inn Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Thanks you so much for your review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Do please come again.