“My first accomodation in Dublin”
Review of Jacobs Inn Hostel

Jacobs Inn Hostel
Ranked #2 of 126 Specialty Lodging in Dublin
Reviewed February 19, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Isaacs-hostel, Guest Relations Manager at Jacobs Inn Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Write a ReviewReviews (2,230)

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I have to admit that when I arrived, the place was busy and not tidy. The furniture is worn out and what not. However, what really turned me off is the stuffy and smelly dorm, and the very dirty washroom. More than I expected. Furthermore, there was no pillow case in the pillow I had and I had to ditch it.
The staff downstairs is very friendly though. Maybe they would have replaced the pillow if I asked, however, it was late and dark.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
NiamhBro, Public Relations Manager at Jacobs Inn Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Why didn't you tell us about the pillow?? Of course we would have been happy to sort you out. Our hostel is cleaned every day - all the bathrooms are spotless when are staff have finished in the early afternoon. If as you say you arrived late and it was dark, unfortunately it was more than likely some messy room mates who dirtied the bathroom before you got to use it. I have no idea what happened with the missing pillow case but I assure you, had we been made aware of it we would have replaced it immediately.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

I really enjoy my stay at Jacob's Inn!! Staff are friendly and the room was warm and clean. The walking tour and Pub crawl it's so nice!!! The kitchen is large!! When i back to Dublin i'll stay here again!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
NiamhBro, Owner at Jacobs Inn Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Thanks you so much for your review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Do please come again.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Brilliant hostel, was very clean. We stayed in a 6 mixed dorm room, was good, there's a big kitchen to make food, lockers which are safe etc. Everything went well! Would 100% stay there next time I go to Dublin.

Room Tip: 6 mixed dorm was a good size and comfortable.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Isaacs-hostel, Guest Relations Manager at Jacobs Inn Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Really pleased we were able to exceed your expectations and look forward to your return.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

I have stayed at Jacob's Inn countless times in the last few years and have always been comfortable, the staff are so friendly and ready to help and find information at any time. I am pleased that the facilities are clean and it is easy to meet people if you're on your own. There is something for everyone. The hostel is so conveniently close to bus stops and Connolly station as well as the city centre, so it is easy to walk everywhere or get a bus. I have met some lovely people at Jacob's Inn. The only thing I would like to suggest is containers in the shower cubicles to place soaps and shampoos at eye level, off the floor and the shower drains cleared regularly (of hair). I had such a good time and the room was comfy and warm. It's great to have the use of a locker if you want one. One feels secure and safe.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Many thanks for your great review and for your help[ul suggestions which we will certainly look at.- keep 'em coming!

Reviewed January 17, 2014

This place could easily be a 100%. The staff are fantastic, the kitchen is large and easy to use, they have a simple to use laundry and the rooms are large enough with nice ensuites.

However, and this is a BIG however...The wifi is only in the common room. It is so slow that it basically doesn't function at all. Add to that there are only very few electric sockets anywhere let alone on the room that has wifi and you can see my disappointment. The fact is that for so many travellers these days wifi and the ability to recharge your device are essential for planning your trip. So if I had the choice I'm sad to say I wouldn't stay again. Just imagine there is no wifi and no electric sockets and then make your decision based on that.

Its frustrating because the place was great other than that, and these are very easy to resolve problems.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Many thanks for taking the time to review . So sorry to hear we missed the 100% due to wifi issues

We do offer free wifi in all common areas and it has been greatly improved in recent months as we have vastly increased our investment in bandwidth to cope with increasing demand due to use in smart phones. There are times when people are streaming movies , you tube which can cause temporary interruptions in flow and we understand how frustrating this may be for some so we are continually striving to improve the system so it is fair for all.The Wifi does work so i am not sure what happened when you were with us but again so so sorry for your frustration . Please come back and give us another try !!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I had never stay in a hostel before I was expecting the absolute worse thinking it was a place for drug users etc.. gosh how wrong was I? The bus from the airports stops right at the bottom of the street. Our room mates was nice apart from 2 of them that kept going mad for the slightest noise. The rooms are ok I loved staying in a 1 dorm mixed room meet loads of people from around the world. Staff you could not fault them always there to help. Locker rooms are good and very big (I got locked in one haha) breakfast was basically but what do you expect for what youve made. Its a brilliant hostel and I would definitely stay again.. no need for posh hotel anymore. Hostel are definitely the place to stay xx

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank augustxx
Isaacs-hostel, Guest Relations Manager at Jacobs Inn Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Bang on ! Love your review and thanks a million.