“Disappointed”
Review of Isabel's - CLOSED

Isabel's
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Utilizing the very best of seasonal and foraged local produce, we aim to provide a unique dining experience in Dublin. Our extensive selection of wines from around the world caters for every budget.
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Having read such enthusiastic reviews on Tripadvisor, I was very excited to have dinner here this weekend. Unfortunately, my experience was not up to scratch at all but I hope that it was an isolated incident. Firstly, only two other tables were occupied when we arrived for our reservation and no-one else arrived for dinner when we were there. The actual decor is delightful but the lack of people in the restaurant meant that the atmosphere was non-existent. The service was just not up to scratch. The single waitress, whilst pleasant, seemed more interested in looking at whatever she had underneath the bar than serving and I struggled to catch her eye more than once, despite the restaurant being almost empty. The food was just not on a par with the prices being charged at all. The cheeseboard was so overpriced for three minuscule pieces of cheese. Overall, for the prices charged, I would much rather spend my money and time in a restaurant such as Dax. Similar price range but superb food and service. As I said, I hope it was just an off night but based on my experience, I won't be returning.

1  Thank 932NB

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We ate at Isabel's on the second night of our visit to Dublin. It was a bit of a walk from our hotel, but it was worth the effort to go there. It's a very popular place, so it's best to make a reservation, even on weeknights. The food and service are great and with the early bird menus, the prices are very close to what we'd pay in Ottawa or Toronto for similar food, service, and atmosphere.

Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

I live locally and had been meaning to try this place out for lunch. I went in one Monday and was pleasantly surprised. The decor is very wine-barish; and I certainly wouldn't recommend this as a venue for a working lunch or business lunch as all the tables are very close together. Cosy to say the least.

The menu is nice and simple - with a nice soup and gourmet sandwich option. That's what I went for and was very pleased with the quality of food, presentation and value I received.

Service was a bit dis-jointed. There was only one person working on the floor. My colleague and I got the impression that in order to save a few bob the manager had obviously decided to do what they expected to be a quiet lunch on his own - however he seemed a little overwhelmed and the lack of attention took away from the whole experience. Having said that, it didn't put me off and I shall return.

1  Thank likestoreview1984
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The food was excellent, the wine recommended was delicious and we had a lovely evening. The service was unobtrusive, in fact I would say a little too unobtrusive I think we were only asked when they cleared the plates away, we had to pour our own water and we were not asked if we wanted more too drink - I like a little more from my service from a restaurant of this quality to match the food and price - you want to feel like you have been treated. I loved the decor and the atmosphere was nice but nothing amazing.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

In the 12 years we have been coming to Ireland this has to be the best meal out we have ever had, the quality was excellent every course we had was superb and when put together with the great service and ambience it’s up there with the best, we left very happy and are still talking about our evening at Isabel’s.

1  Thank Gary C