“Work night out”

Sheries Cafe Bar
Cuisines: European
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a part of Dublin since 1947 and have been here for four generations. We strive to make sure that every guest that comes through our door is greeted, served, and thanked for their custom. We use local businesses to supply our menu, and ensure that we have the right produce at the right price, for you, our guest. See you soon!
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I brought my staff here a few weeks back and I have to say we had a brilliant night.
The staff were excellent and we were greated by a very friendly waitress (Kim). We were one of the last tables in that evening and we made feel very welcome. We had a wide variety of dishes from the a la carte menu, I had the cauliflower & cumin soup which was very warming on a winters evening followed by the sea bass with was presented beautifully and tasted as good as it looked!! We stayed for a few drinks after and were never put under pressure to finish up.
From the minute you arrive here you can feel the passion that they have for this business, the owner (Adam) was also there on the night and I couldn't help but notice the care and enthusiasm that he had with every customer.
I will certainly be recommending this little gem to my friends and family.

Sheriescafebar, Owner at Sheries Cafe Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Hi ianrobs,

And true to your word you did go on TripAdvisor and post the review!! Fair play and many thanks! Kim has asked me to thank you as well, especially for the mention! As for the mention for me, ianrobs, that's purely the way we do things in Sheries.

We aim to give everyone top class and attentive service from the moment you walk in the door. And then, of course, just as you think it couldn't get any better, we're delighted to hear that you enjoyed the food so much!! Our Chef, Michal, has asked me to thank you for the positive feedback.

So, here's to seeing you and your family and friends back in Sheries very soon!

Kind regards,

Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

I have eaten here on a number of occasions and have always left feeling well fed and not out of pocket.

The service is always excellent, and I can not fault the food. Breakfast, sandwiches, dinner or even just a cup of tea and a scone it is always delicious and I'm never waiting left waiting for my meal.

The staff here are so friendly and is one of the many reasons I will continue to pop in, even just for a cuppa and a scone!

Hi Brigid88,

From all of us in Sheries many thanks for your kind words, they really do go a long way to putting that smile back on our faces for everyone coming through the door!

Looking forward to seeing you back soon!

Reviewed February 13, 2014

I wasn't too hungry so I first ordered a Cappucino which was great. It's a great place to relax & read a book, the music is decent; good choice, not too fast and always in the background. modern ambient, very good looking. The soup I had later on was very delicious. Check out this café its not too far off the city centre ;)

Hi sirchh,

So you found our place nice and relaxing?! Wonderful news for us!! Haha! We like to think of it like an oasis of calm in the city!

Many thanks for your kind words,

Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

Was in with a few mates, and had a fantastic night, dinner was superb, brilliant selection, well presented and delightful. Beer and wine was excellent. Waitress and manager, catered for our every need, fun, efficient and polite. City centre on the door for the rest of the night. Definitely recommend here.

Hi Michael L,

Sorry to took a while to reply to you!

We're really glad to hear you enjoyed your night in Sheries, the service and the food and the drink(!) and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I have been going to Sheries on and off for a number and I've seen its transformation over those same years. The place has a solid name and reputation that carries on to this day. I met the owner/manager? (Adam) a few years ago when the place was about to undergo refurbishment and his enthusiasm for the place was evident. that enthusiasm is still there today and is adequately displayed in the ambiance, conviviality of the surroundings as well as the quality of the food.
Tonight I went into Sheries because I wanted somewhere to sit read the paper and have a bite to eat. I ended up with all of these as well as a full blown conversation with others who were in for the same reason as me. Adam contributed to the debate which was about rugby and other things within an atmosphere that was friendly and cordial.
If you visit Sheries, do so for the food, conviviality, comfort and just good genuine hospitality.
R

2  Thank agingtravelerIreland
Sheriescafebar, Owner at Sheries Cafe Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Hi agingtravelerIreland,

I don't think I could possibly do your review any kind of justice. To say that I am speechless (which doesn't happen too often as you know!), would be an understatement. So I will say just this, thank you!

On a separate note, I'm right about the rugby debate!!!!! Hahahaha!

See you soon,