“Tasty lunch in Dublin”

Sheries Cafe Bar
Cuisines: European
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a part of Dublin since 1947 and have been here for four generations. We strive to make sure that every guest that comes through our door is greeted, served, and thanked for their custom. We use local businesses to supply our menu, and ensure that we have the right produce at the right price, for you, our guest. See you soon!
Dalbeattie, United Kingdom
“Tasty lunch in Dublin”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My husband remembers coming here as a child but this was our second visit as a family visiting from Scotland and we will be back. We enjoyed freshly made sandwiches and a wrap for our son which was just what we needed in a day of touring round the city. There are no pretensions here; just great food (good value, too), efficient service and a nice city centre atmosphere. Will recommend to any friends who are planning visits to Dublin. We decided we wished there was somewhere like this in Glasgow!

• Visited October 2013
Sheriescafebar, Owner at Sheries Cafe Bar, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Hi Julie G,

We were delighted to see your review today here on TripAdvisor!!

We were even more delighted to read how much you felt there was such good value?!! And what a swell idea to tell your friends?! We think that has to be the best comment of the lot!!

Until next time,

Dublin, Ireland
“Little gem in the heart of Dublin!”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I had the pleasure of first visiting this venue back in 2008 and have gone many times since, the eggs benidict on the breakfast menu is devine, and the Thai green curry is the best ive ever tasted (and ive eaten a lot of curries worldwide) the staff are really helpfull also offering directions etc to lost tourists, Kim and Anna looked after us with a very effecient and friendly service - the value for money aspect is also a factor here "€9.95 for an all day breakfast incl tea/coffee and the portion is more than generous ;-) -keep up the good work!

Hi nit1979,

So, you've been coming to us since 2008? That's great news! We all think that's the sign of good taste by you, but that we hopefully are doing something right!!

Our Eggs Benedict is getting a lot of attention at the moment, especially on a Saturday morning.

I have directed Kim and Ana's attention to your review, and they have asked me to thank you for their mention. It goes a long way when their efforts are noticed, and indeed noted.

Looking forward to seeing you soon,

Adam

P.S. May I recommend the French Toast next time you are in?!!
Galway, Ireland
“Great food only bettered by the service”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

This is always my first port of call for food in the city and it never lets me down for either a small bite to keep me going for the day or a big feed to set me up for the night.

While the food is fantastic (From wings, soup, sandwiches to burgers, pasta etc I think I’ve tried almost everyting and never been disappointed) it is the service that continually brings me back – the fact that the manager always takes time to stop by the table to check in and ensure that you have everything you need is just one of many examples of the personal touch service that is abound here.

All I can say is keep it up and you’ll see me back every time I visit Dublin.

1 Thank MrBurns1847
Hi MrBurns1847,

My apologies for the delay in acknowledging your glowing review of us here in Sheries! We are humbled by your kind words.

We are delighted to see that you feel that we can satisfy any hunger that you might arrive to us with, and indeed that you enjoy our personal touch service (a great phrase if you don't mind me saying so?! I think I might use that one!!)

We are working as hard as we possibly can to bring back the céad míle fáilte and to boot out the frosty fáilte that gripped us during the boom times.

So, here's to saluting you when you come back through our door, we'll be waiting for you!

Many many thanks,

Dublin, Ireland
“Great breakfast, perfect city centre restaurant”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I visited Sheries for the 3rd time over the weekend with my Mum who had travelled up from Galway for the weekend (I live in Killiney). Whenever Mum comes up, we immediately go to Sheries for breakfast and it never disappoints. The food was delicious and service was much faster than previous visits. Adam, the owner, is a lovely guy with a great personality! Lovely coffee too!! We will definitely be back again - highly recommend Sheries as it is a litle gem of class in inner city Dublin which is rare to find.

1 Thank GerH1912
Sheriescafebar, Owner at Sheries Cafe Bar, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Hi GerH1912,

We were absolutely delighted to look after you and your Mum, we think its a great habit you're getting in to, in coming in to Sheries immediately!! Long may it continue!!

And long may reviews of food being "delicious" and the service being "faster than previous visits". Needless to say, I am humbled by your opinion of me, but truly, we have a great team here in Sheries, ready and waiting to look after each and every person that comes in the door.

"A little gem of class", I might be stealing that little phrase!!! ;)

Many thanks,

Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
“Great Staff, Food and Service”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Tried this little haven out for the first time this evening. Amazing food at really good prices. The staff were so nice to us - will definitely be returning here on a regular basis.

Hi Aidan O,

Such kind words are very appreciated and I have brought the staff's attention to your review. It is comments of recognition of how hard they work that encourage them to be so friendly ALL the time! And really, they are that friendly ALL the time!

Great to hear that you will be back on a regular basis, make sure you pick up your loyalty card! Every time you spend €10, we give you a stamp, and when you collect ten stamps we'll give you back a €10 voucher to use any time you are in!

Many thanks, from all of us here in Sheries,