“Pleasant break”

Ranked #60 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Dublin, Ireland
“Pleasant break”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We recently stayed at the Belvedere Hotel and found it a very pleasant experience. The staff are welcoming, helpful and friendly. It is clean and warm. On our first night there was a persistent noise somewhere but after that all was fine. The rooms are well appointed. They are adequately spacious with adjoining bathroom. The heating, which is important at this time of the year is very good.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Cathal O, General Manager at The Belvedere Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Sean

Thanks for writing another review. I am delighted to see that we are maintaining our standards.

regards

Cathal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Finnish first
donegal
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I stayed in this hotel alone recently while attending a course in Dublin. I found it great value for money and in a great location to get my buses. I love the facility where they look after luggage after you check out so you dont have to drag it with you. My room was was beautiful and modern. it was important to me to have wi fi in the bedroom. i had a meal in the restaurant alone and the bar staff were extremely friendly and helpful as indeed were all the staff. I have stayed here in the past and have no hesitation recommending it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Susan

Thank you for taking the time to write you review. I am delighted to see reviews from regular guests. I look forward to your return.

scotland
Reviewed November 9, 2013

was visiting dublin as grandchild was in childrens university hospital and hospital arranged b and b in a guest house round corner called clifeden guest house.although furnished adequately i wouldnt recommend it at all.it cost 60 euros per night.in morning i found belvedere and was grateful i did.clean,very friendly staff,especially the little irish girl on reception (didnt get her name,but she was always asking about our grandchild.she knows who she is and surely employee of the month material,if not the year ),in the right place for hospital and close to city centre,it is a jewel in dublin,s crown.cant recommend it highly enough.all staff very chatty etc and nothing was too much for them.cleaner even refused a tip.

Room Tip: it costs about 80 euros per night for b and b but they give a reduction if your at hospital about 60...
Dear Bahnjoe

Thank you very much for your lovely review and thank you for your kind words about our staff. I hope your grandchild is feeling better and I look forward to welcoming you back in better circumstances.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We, as a couple booked a room in this hotel for 2 nights. Came there around 11pm, checked-in, around 1am we went to bed, but we never had a chance to sleep, because of the noise in this hotel. Imagine that someone put working motorcycle in your bed, the noise was the same loud, because of the malfunction of the Hotel heating system. The night front office manager gave us another room, just 2 doors next from our 1st room, where obviously the noise was the same!!! It was Tuesday and the hotel was absolutely empty! We were just the one couple on the 2nd floor, and the manager could easily gave us room on the another floor, but he never did it, because he simply didn't care. Because of such a "warm" hospitality in this hotel, we moved away at 3.30 MORNING!!!!! Front office manager didnt do anything to keep us to stay there. He charged us for 2 nights, that was the first what he did.
If you, dear guests want to have the worst hotel expierence ever go to this hotel!

4 Thank million2009
Cathal O, Manager at The Belvedere Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Million2009

I am very sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience at the Belvedere hotel. Just a couple of points I would like to clear up. The noise problems were caused by water restrictions place by the council on the whole city of Dublin for a week causing air in our heating systems. Far from being empty, the hotel was nearly full that evening and the only rooms available to move you to were on that floor. A full refund was issued to you on the morning that you left.

Once again apologies for the issue you experienced.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

It was clean, nice, what was expected really. It's a little off the centre, away from confusion, but close enough if you want to walk 15 minutes to the Temple Bar area. We got a nice price for it, compared to other offers, but it wasn't a memorable experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
MEXICO-MADRID-LONDON
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

I was at his hotel for 5 days and 4 nights and I'll start with the best:

It's not a prime and excellent location, but it's Dublin. It's pretty walkable and just a few blocks away from the buses that drop you at the main avenue after arriving at the airport and 2 blocks away from city centre.

The staff is incredibly nice.

Their English breakfast might be one of the best ones I've had (which is a buffet)

The little things that bothered me - not that much:

After 10:30-11:00 PM staff closes the front door and you must ask for somebody to open, as if you were at a house and not a usual hotel. I must say this is a feature I've found at many reformed buildings into hotels all over Britain and Ireland.

The carpet on the way to your room is not the cleanest, but hey! No hotel is perfect.

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel and hope to stay on my next visit to Dublin!

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
IPSWICH
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights during the weekend of the Dublin Marathon.

It is situated in the heart of Dublin in a fantastic location.

We received a very friendly welcome when arriving at the hotel and the service throughout our stay was first class. The rooms are spacious, a little dated in places, but kept clean to a high standard.

Breakfast was an optional extra, we tried it once and it is decent value for money (although there is a cafe on the corner which is a little cheaper)and the bar serves delicious food and a good pint of Guiness!!

Overall we would definitely recommend this hotel as good value for money.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Cathal O, General Manager at The Belvedere Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Neil and Hayley

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Being an older property there are areas that are dated, but we are in the middle of a complete renovation of the hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.