“Pleasant stay close to city centre”

The Belvedere Hotel
Ranked #64 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I booked the hotel two days before arrival when I decide to choose some place closer to city centre over my previous selection. I was lucky to get the room - the lady at desk told me they are fully booked because of bank holidays weekend. And the price was also good. It turns out to be a decent hotel in calm area. The location is one of the best feature of the hotel - close to city centre and its main attractions for walk yet far enough to be bothered by drunken locals or tourists doing their pub crawl. Also bus stops are nearby to get almost every where in Dublin.

The room was nice and clean as well as bathroom. There was no AC in the room but we have no problem with room temperature. Breakfast was tasty and filing (especially if you eat all Irish puddings and sausages to your plate) albeit bit modes - no vegetables were available. But I loved their delicious croissants. Anyway, if I come back to Dublin, I will probably decide for the same hotel because I was really satisfied with my stay here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 4, 2013

In city centre, ideal for a visit of the city on foot (no need to take a bus). Very large room, quiet at night. Excellent, varied buffet breakfast with constant refill. I highly recommand this hotel for the quality-price ratio (paid an amazing €120 for a four-bed room with breakfast for two days in a capital city! )

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank froggissy
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We found the Hotel to be clean. The furnishing in the rooms are a bit tired and a front room can be a bit noisey at night. If you get a room near the elevator you will have to listen to all the drunks coming home at 2 AM. I would have to rate this a 2 1/2 to 3 star.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This hotel is a very good deal for the price asked. It is very decent under every aspects. I dont understand why people complain about ithe noise. I mean, The hotel faces the street so of course you will hear some traffic and occasionally some drunk peolpe passing by cheering. What can u expexct?? Anyway, clean rooms, decent bathrooms and very kind staff. Location is super good, around the corner there are the hop in/off buses that take u to all the main city attractions, and on foot in few minutes u get to the temple bar if u want. Hotel offers also a very nice selection of food and i strongly recommend their burger which i think is the best one i have ever tasted in my life!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Galloware
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Group of us stayed at this hotel for the weekend,pleasant staff, lovely rooms , clean and tidy.Cant really find anything to complain about apart from not being able to open windows as they were screwed shut ,though the room did have fan for drawing in air. Bit of constructive criticism though, at breakfast the toaster is sited in a corner alongside teabags teapots etc and its difficult to get access because people are queuing up to make toast, simple soulution , move toaster to its own space and the numbering of rooms needs to be sorted out, trying to find a friends room was a nightmare, replenishment of tea/coffee in rooms needs to be addressed as we had no replacements. Breakfast staff were totally on the ball, in particular the girl with glasses i think her name was louise (or similar).Bar staff and food were excellent.All in all a great place to stay, hopefully we will be back next year.

2  Thank v1leon50
Reviewed April 26, 2013

What a nice surprise with this hotel! We just stayed here for an EF tour last week. There were 45 of us and we were all pleased with this hotel. We actually celebrated when we saw our rooms, we were so excited. Great location, friendly staff, good food & nice rooms! There were also safes in the room which was great and FREE wifi!! The only negatives were that the rooms got very warm and there were a lot of stains on our walls and ceilings. The hotel was even accommodating when we got some bad news from home & the kids were really upset in the hallways. People complained, but the hotel was great. I hope we didn't ruin it for future EF tours because this hotel is a gem! And you have to go to the Irish dance show in their bar area. It's SO good!!

1  Thank LeaMotts
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed here with friends who had been before and frequent this hotel a lot. My double room for sole occupancy room was a good size, albeit very hot and a bit noisy thanks to the passing drunks! The other rooms my friends stayed in were triple or quadruple rooms and were a very good size.

Breakfast was really nice and they supplied soya milk as I'm a vegetarian which was great.

What really makes this hotel is the staff who are fantastic and can't do enough to assist you during your stay.

1  Thank Mariewarrington007