“Let down by some staff”
Review of Ballsbridge Hotel

Ballsbridge Hotel
Ranked #87 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I stayed here recently after attending a rugby match at the Aviva. Understandably the hotel was quite busy, and I made some allowances for this, however the attitude of some staff was quite poor and would put me off staying again. Initially, I was unable to find a parking space within the hotel car park and after circling the hotel I spoke to a hotel manager. Explaining that I was a resident and needed to park the car, he shrugged his shoulders and told me there was nothing he could do, I asked if there was anywhere else in the vicinity I could park he saidhe didnt know but that I would have to move immediately. After no help, i had to park my car 20 mins from the hotel and as I had to move it later was unable to have a drink at the rugby. I think car parking priority should be given for hotel residents. A further instance of poor staff attitude was breakfast, when queuing for food the hostess gave our table away leaving us standing with our plates for 10 mins (whilst food went cold) waiting for another tsble. She did niot apologise for her error. These 2 minor instances made all the difference to our stay and woukd out me off coming back

1  Thank Janna B
TulaneManagement, General Manager at Ballsbridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear Guest

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. I have discussed your feedback with our our management team and further training will be implemented to make sure our staff continue to provide excellent customer service even in our busiest periods.

Kind regards
Donal Meehan
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Our tour group stayed here for two nights. We had our final dinner here tonight. Food was excellent. Service staff were very attentive to group. The management provide entertainment after the meal. A friend at our table had his birthday and they brought out a chocolate lava key with candle and happy birthday with his name around the plate. Security is very obvious so we felt safe during our stay. Thanks for making our last night in Ireland so special.

2  Thank PKSJDS
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Me and a friend decided to do a groupon deal to Dublin, the hotel and breakfast was included as well as flights do for £148 each we were not expecting much, however we were very pleasantly surprised, the hotel was a 15 minute walk from town, has been recently refurbished, the food was lovely at breakfast (all you can eat) and I cannot really fault it.

Room Tip: We had a twin room which was a double and single bed in the same room, it was big, clean and freshly...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank KatyR281
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I have never done this but so insensed that I had to send this message, not only here but this will be copied & pasted to trip advisor... I now see the insolence and pure arrogance that has never left this country.. We were charged €10.50 for staying in your car park over night even though we were guests.. You would not mind but the room was of a 2 star accomodation.. I am driving back to Cork & just appalled that your hotel thinks it is acceptable to over charge for a crap room & then charge for the car park!!!! Everything that is wrong with this country has just been shown & explained in your under rated hotel!!!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Martin H
TulaneManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Ballsbridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear Guest

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. I'm sorry you were disappointed with your guestroom. We have refurbished many of our bedrooms and we'll be completing the remainder next year so as to provide every guest with a fantastic hotel experience.

Kind regards
Donal Meehan
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed November 21, 2013

the hotel is beatiful,and we recieived excellent service from Andrea..
The room is big,and comfortable,whit several service.
the only problem is the distance of the center city,but you can go walking.
I recomended

3  Thank maria m
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for 6 days and was more than happy with the room and the service we received . Got upgraded for a small fee but was well worth it for the size of room we ended up with.
Breakfast was great and included in package. Hope to stay there again next year. Received excellent service from Janka on the front desk. Shame Wifi is not free !

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rob A
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

I chose this hotel on a Mon night as I needed to attend a function nearby (11/11). First impressions were not good. I had to wait 3 mins to check in even though there were three staff behind desk chatting in a foreign language. Not good! While room and hotel in general are a bit dated, everything was of good quality. Bed was comfortable. Flat screen tv. Good shower and soft towels. Breakfast was excellent. Reception staff next morning were more pleasant. Yes I would stay again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business