“No free wifi”
Review of Ballsbridge Hotel

Ballsbridge Hotel
Ranked #88 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed October 21, 2013

One of the most important amenities for travelers nowadays is free wifi, especially when we went to Ballsbridge as our last day of our ireland tour and would like to access the internet to make sure our flight booking is ok and do an online check-in if possible. No free wifi, no leisure centre for exercise or swim, there was practically nothing for us to do at night.

The toilet roll had no "roller" which you can pull it out from. It's just placed on the sink counter where we had to turn and reach for it. Feedback to hotel staff, I think there was some communication problem and they gave us extra toilet rolls instead. By the way, this is room 829.

Water pressure was bad, probably as level 8 is the highest level of the hotel. Water flow was erratic too, contributing to erratic water temperature.

One good thing is the outlook of the hotel, very woody and royal feel to it. Otherwise, nothing much.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Huishan
There are newer reviews for Ballsbridge Hotel

Reviewed October 21, 2013

The room was horrific looking - small, dark and exceptionally dated. It was in definite need of refurbishment. However, everything else was very good. The food was great, the price for an overnight was excellent, location is very good and the staff were outstanding.

I checked in with Omar and he was extremely welcoming and friendly. A great first point of contact for the hotel. I checked out with Esther and she was extremely professional and friendly - she checked was everything ok with our stay and did we have any queries or need assistance with anything. It wasn't the usual auto-pilot version of 'can I help you'. Both members of staff that we dealt with were an absolute asset to the hotel.

Thanks Ballsbridge Hotel (but, definitely look into getting the rooms on the 8th floor done up!!)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kate G
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I was very much impressed with this hotel as I stayed in the new section, the tower, and the room key gave you 15 seconds to get to bed after taking it out before all the lights went out. Nice big bed, two comfortable chairs, desk, coffee/tea setting. Had a nice dinner in the hotel dining room, they have a beauty shop, barber shop, etc...The American Embassy is about a block away, there are restaurants you can walk to that are not far.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank sydette
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I loved the location of this place. The bus stop is right outside the hotel or you can easily walk to the centre. I took in some of the sights on my walk to town. The rooms are nice and the staff was extremely helpful. If your tired and don't want to venture out for dinner or breakfast, you have a great restaurants available at this location.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank OctDublinTraveler
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have just returned from a week trip to Dublin, and I cannot tell you how impressed I am with the Ballsbridge hotel in Dublin. From the minute I arrived I was made to feel welcome and nothing
was too much trouble for the staff. Fiona was terrific as was Esther. I could name so many but lets get back to the hotel and the facilities. It is undergoing refurbishment and I believe this is almost finished. The rooms are well appointed and nicely furnished. The breakfast was excellent
and very good value for money. I was on a bed and breakfast basis and cannot fault the food quality or the service. I ate in the restaurant and the bar on some of the evenings and it was
also very good. The Americans I met there praised the hotel and as I, were impressed with it.
The hotel has an excellent treatments facility Bushra,s and this I found to be really good.
I loved Dublin and would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: I was on the fifth floor, which was quiet but I am sure that the locality lends itself to this as it...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank buddy070
Reviewed October 18, 2013

The attention of the reception staff very good.
The room good presentation and good condition.
The situation of the hotel a bit removed from the center of Dublin but very well connected.
The facilities are very good.
The best treatment of the reception staff especially Miss Esther.
The worst a slight lack of dust cleaning and towel change room thereof which forced us to seek a change of towels, reception Miss

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Jose Manuel R
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Stayed for one night with my husband and son in room 401 which was classed as family room. I had asked for a refurbished room at the time of booking and am not sure whether or not we got one. The bedroom area was very nice. Good quality furniture, nice decor, comfy beds and crisp bed linen. There was a large flat screen tv, iron and ironing board, trouser press and tea/coffee facilities. The room was clean with plenty of storage although very few clothes hangers. However the bathroom was not so nice. The tiles surrounding the bath were badly in need of regrouting. The grouting was black. The hot water tap on the bath was missing it's cover and the chrome fittings were rusted. Maybe they refurbished the room and missed the bathroom.
The Dubliner bar was very expensive for drinks and the service was slow. The menu didn't appeal to us and was overpriced so we ate elsewhere. Breakfast was the usual standard fare and was fine.
The location is great for the Aviva stadium - about 5 or 6 minute walk. Dart station nearby too. The number 4 bus stops outside the hotel. I would stay here again if going to Aviva but not if I wanted to spend more time in the city centre as I feel it is a little too far out and there did not seem to be much of interest in the immediate vicinity.
The majority of the staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family