Drury Court Hotel(Dublin)
$164
$347
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$144
$173
$164
Travelocity
$204
$195
Travelocity
2,522 results
All reviewsdubliner baraviva stadiumcity centrebit datedlovely hoteltrinity collegetemple barballsbridgeembassyrdsrugbytaxispubdart
Reviewed December 29, 2012

This huge hotel offers very spacious rooms for its 3 stars. It is located a good 15-20 min. walk from the centre. We occupied two adjacent double rooms with connecting doors (245 and 247) and found them very comfortable. Check-in was quick and the ladies at reception were helpful (Esther and Andrea). Breakfast was fine, the service being prompt and attentive. There's warm food like the usual Irish fare e.g. scrambled eggs, pork sausage, roast tomatoes and mushrooms, balck and white pudding; cold cuts, three types of Irish cheese; a small selection of cereals and breads and croissants. Guest could order other types of eggs such as fried, poached etc. There was a tea and coffee-making facility in the room. On Christmas Day there was complimentary tea, coffee and light refreshments, which was a nice touch.
What I didn't like was the shabby interior of the rooms; no way to regulate the heating in one of the rooms which was chilly at times; no mattress covers; dirty ventilation shafts in the bathroom of 245 which were not working by the way; no sound-proofing of the doors and rooms whatsoever. We could hear the doors clanging and banging every time other guests moved as well as their conversations both when they were in the corridor and in their rooms. That was disturbing late at night.
The cleanliness of the rooms left to be desired especially around the windows which seemed had been closed and untouched for ages. Curtains hanging on one side, rubbed out and shredded tapestry on the armchairs (which were comfortable in themsleves).
Overall, the hotel is OK but needs refurbishing and modernising. I had read about people's bad experience with the hotel's paid-for wifi so we didn't bother.

Room Tip: Rooms 245 and 247 are connecting and quiet as far as external noise is concerned. The problem comes from the indoors noise caused by the closing and opening of rooms' doors by other guests and the lack of sound-proofing.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Vessela P
TulaneManagement, General Manager at Ballsbridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear Vessela P

I'm terribly sorry to hear about your experience with your room. I will talk to the Accommodation Manager immediately on this. In terms of the rooms needing to be modernised you'll be glad to know we're planning a bedroom refurbishment this year. We hope to see you again in the future.

Kind regards
John Clifton

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Booked family room with 5 kids.clearly mention kids age on booking time, and i demand for six beds.first room they give me with two single beds and one medium. After complaining they give my on 7th floor same size of room with an other extra single bed.total two bath towel and two cup and one glass for 7 people.breakfast staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank kilkee786
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Recently stayed here again for a couple of nights and booked a tower room with breakfast included. Rooms are quite spacious and have walk in wardrobes and tea/coffee provided. They also seem to be quieter than the main hotel. Breakfast was good with eggs and omlettes to order which arrived piping hot. Staff are very friendly and helpful, there are a few who have trouble with their english but they are well able to understand what you need. Bar was quiet busy for the nights we visited, good atmosphere.Had bar food lunch one day which is to be recommended. Only down side is that you have to pay for parking, about €10 a night. If you are staying a few nights try to negotiate with the reception staff but depends who you get.

Room Tip: High rooms are quieter
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dermotswoman
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stay regularly in Dublin and have found that the Ballsbridge Hotel provides the best combination of comfort and value. The Tower rooms are very spacious and there is a good atmosphere in the Dubliner bar in the evenings. Well situated for those with business or pleasure in that area of the city.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Gary C
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have stayed here a few times, and depending on the room, its hit and miss. Previously I stayed in the main hotel, and like some of the other reviews state, they are a bit dated, but, I see there there has been some work done in the reception and on the ground floor rooms, and that it changed ownership recently, so, hopefully that renovation will continue up the floors.

This time I got a room in the Towers, and it was a great big room, winged chairs and big screen TV, and a walk in wardrobe (albeit tiny one).

there were a couple of things, but it wont stop me going back!

First, the heating, its worked by the air conditioning, and if you want to heat the room while you are in bed, you really cant sleep as its quite noisy, so a couple of nights I had to pull out the spare blanket as I got quite cold.

Finally, yes, some of the service requires attention. While we were attended to greatly in our rooms (I had asked for extra teabags, and they came straight away!) when we went for dinner, twice my husband asked for a glass of water, and twice the waiter forgot! in the end we didnt ask a third time, as the waiter appeared too busy.

As I said, it wont stop me coming back, its a great location for the rugby and any concerts in the Aviva, so, See you Soon Ballsbridge Hotel!

Room Tip: If you have the option to book one of the towers rooms, they are much better, on the website I booked, they called them Executive Rooms! well worth it for the extra space
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LetitiaS_71

Dear LetitiaS_71

Thanks for your feedback and I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay in our executive wing of the hotel. Yes we are planning a refurbishment on our bedrooms this year to accompany the ground floor refurbishment.

We hope to welcome you back soon

Kind regards