“adequate semi budget hotel”
Review of Ballsbridge Hotel

Ranked #90 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Galway, Ireland
“adequate semi budget hotel”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Ballsbridge hotel

I stayed two nights in the Ballsbridge hotel over a weekend. Room was adequate and met my expectations. It consisted of a queen size bed and ensuite bathroom. The construction of the building dates from the 70s but there has been some modernisation of parts of the building inside. Within the room there was a television and a writing desk with seat. The bathroom consisted of a shower and bath

value for money: I obtained reasonable value for money from my stay which was on a bed and breakfast basis

car parking :car parking is available at ground level around the hotel and is charged at daily rate.

Quality of food :breakfast the food was of adequate quality.

Overall I was satisfied with my stay at the Ballsbridge hotel which was quite busy during the weekend I stayed there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
TulaneManagement, General Manager at Ballsbridge Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear davidandclann

Glad you enjoyed your break with us. We look forward to your next visit.

Ballsbridge Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Lansing
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We had difficulty finding the hotel but once located, we parked the car in their lot and walked a few blocks to busses and the attraction areas. We thought the hotel was very nice, friendly, comfortable and great food.
The staff was very helpful in giving directions for our driving adventure.
I would return to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jane A
Dear Jane A

Delighted you had a good time at Ballsbridge Hotel. Thanks for the review.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here with my partner on the winter warmer deal which includes a free bottle of wine and chocolates. Unfortunately when we arrived in our room and opened the box of chocolates, one of them had already been eaten. The room was spacious but very old fashioned and basic. Our heating was system was broken and the room was freezing as the windows are very old. I called reception at 6.30 pm to ask if someone could look into the problem and was told someone would come up to look at it. Nobody had arrived by 8.30pm and we had to leave as we had reservations. When we arrived back at the hotel I asked the receptionist if he could check had anyone been to our room and he said it would be impossible to know if anyone had seen to the problem. When we got to our room it was absolutely freezing, colder than before. I called reception to ask if a portable heater could be sent up and was told it would be sent as soon as possible, an hour later I called again as it still hasn't arrived and was told it would be sent up. The heater never arrived, so I didn't get much sleep that night as I was so cold. I was already suffering from a throat infection which has become worse as a result so all in all I had an unpleasant stay in this hotel and will not be returning.

1 Thank a_kav87
Dear a_kav87

Thanks for your feedback. I'm disappointed to hear about the issues in your room. Our maintenance team have been notified. Please accept my apologies for this.

General Manger
Ballsbridge Hotel

Travelers are raving about these Dublin hotels

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed in this hotel on Tuesday 20th of November what I thought seemed like a lovely hotel nice cosy room to my surprise I was horrified when I woke on wensday morning to find my bed covered in bed bugs called the manager to my room to see this but it wasn't until wensday night as I arrived back in cork to find my arms start to irritate me n which I seen aload of bites to my horror I woke Thursday morning covered from head to toe in bed bug bites and had to see a doctor and get steroid creams to stop this and also bath in Milton!!!!!4 days later I am still out of work as I am covered head to toe in bites.
I would not recommend this hotel to a dog and this was only two rooms we had been sleeping in and new about how many also had the same problem this hotel is crawling it makes me sick to think I stayed there!!

7 Thank Niamhmac
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel while on a short stop in Dublin. It is located in a good spot close to the City Center. The staff were friendly and helpful, they organised the taxi for us to get in and out of the city.
There was a tattoo convention on the same day we arrived and I have to say the guests and staff were great.

Well worth a stay if you are on a short stop.

3 Thank Keroo79
TulaneManagement, General Manager at Ballsbridge Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Keroo79

I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and found out staff so friendly. We hope you will visit us again in the future.

Warm wishes
Plainfield, Illinois
Reviewed November 23, 2012

This was our first hotel out of four that we stayed in as part of a vacation package to Ireland. This was the quietest of them all and I wish that we had been able to stay here when we returned to Dublin for our final night. The staff was friendly. It has two restaurants, but we only visited The Dubliner (which I'll review separately). The hotel doesn't have free wifi (you even have to pay for internet in the business center), which was the only major downfall for me, for my husband it was that they only provided instant coffee in the room. I like that the showers allow you to control the flow of the water and the bathtub was a nice size. The mattress was firmer than what you will find in a hotel in the U.S., but we didn't have any trouble sleeping on it. There is only one two prong 110 outlet, so be sure to bring an adapter if traveling from the U.S. (and a power converter if your electronics are not rated for both 110 and 220). Most outlets have to be switched on. Also, there is a hair dryer in one of the dresser drawers.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SophieJR
Dear SophieJR

Thanks for your feedback and we look forward to your next visit to Dublin.

Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed November 20, 2012

On arrival, the hotel looks great and the staff are friendly but when we got to the room it was dated with an old CRT TV, old wooden furniture and old style bathroom. With saying that, the room was clean and spacious.

I found the parking quite expensive at €10.50 per night. Being used to free Wifi or at least free wired internet connection in hotel rooms, I was surprised when I called reception and was advised that it would cost €7.50 for access to wifi and there was no wired option.

Another issue was the lack of a spare pillows that usually would be available in other hotels. This seems like a minor issue but affected our sleep as we only had 1 pillow each.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DaveLimerick
TulaneManagement, General Manager at Ballsbridge Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear DaveLimerick

Thanks for your review. We don't include parking or wifi in our rates as we like to keep them as competitive as possible for all guests. I apologise you didn't have the amount of pillows you're used to - our reception team would have been glad to send more if you had given them a quick call. I hope you will consider us on your next visit to Dublin.