“Client Service unparalleled”
Review of Ballsbridge Hotel

Ranked #86 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I normally do not write reviews unless there is something of value to say. In this instance, I would like to take the time to convey just how professional and personable the Senior Manager, Donal Meehan is. He met me on a early Friday morning and did not see me for three days. When I saw him again Monday morning, he remembered my name and greeted me which made me feel like a valued customer. I can stay at any hotel, I would choose the Ballsbridge on the basis they make you feel at home. Kudos to Donal and his staff at the Ballsbridge!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Mercedes300c
Write a ReviewReviews (2,436)

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed here for work for 4 weeknights in October 2012. Couldn't fault the hotel itself, the rooms were very spacious and clean and the bed was very comfortable. Housekeeping staff were incredibly friendly and efficient and a credit to the place. However, found the nights very very hot, and couldn't open the window as I was on the 5th floor. The hotel is in a great location, and the walk into the city centre is really lovely especially this time of year with the leaves falling on the ground. Only bad thing about my stay was the massive group of Italian language students who practically took over the place - they were incredibly loud, rude and basically everywhere. I couldn't find a quiet place to have dinner or a drink which was annoying, but I think the hotel staff were as fed up as I was and unfortunately couldn't do much about it. Overall an enjoyable stay and great value for money for the location.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank E-K-Dolan
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I have just arrived back from a long weekend in Dublin, we decided on the Ballsbridge Hotel because of its slightly out of town location. Some of the reviews were, to say the least not very good, but it just depends what you are looking for. It was our 40th wedding anniversary and I e-mailed the hotel before we arrived to see if they could have flowers delivered, I organised for them to be delivered to the hotel and their staff delivered them to our room, spot on the time I asked for. They also gave us a room upgrade and left us a bottle of wine in our room as a present, thank you so much to their helpful staff at reception.
Our room on the 6th floor of the "Towers" was very big, with an iron, trouser press, 2 comfy chairs, coffee table, desk, tea / coffee making facilities, TV and a very big comfortable bed, but no safe, or at least I couldn't find it. There is a nice bar, the Dubliner, adjacent to the reception with live music and is worth a visit, you can also get food there while you have a drink. The restaurant was very good we ate there just the once but found it as good if not better that other nearby restaurants. The breakfasts were excellent with a buffet style serve yourself, cereals, fruit juices and a full English if you want it. The hotel is very close to the Aviva stadium, and because of this the hotel can get very busy. So if your not going to watch a match there be prepared to be swamped in every bar and restaurant within a mile of the hotel, however it does make for a great atmosphere. The hotel is about 40 minutes walk into the city center, or the number 4 or 7 bus will take you there for about 2 Euros, but they will only take coins no notes. A taxi will cost you about 15 Euros.
We have stayed in the City in the past but it is very busy and noisy. thanks again Ballsbridge. Would we go back to this hotel, yes,

1  Thank benidorm88
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stayed at the Ballsbridge Hotel for 3 nights in early October. As we were meeting up with my Canadian cousin and her husband and I had made the bookings, I was a little anxious about the standard of accommodation. However, we were more than satisfied with our rooms, situated in The Towers. They were very spacious and clean, with dressing room and good-size bathroom. We found the breakfast menu to have lots of choice and very reasonably priced. The reception staff were friendly and most helpful, as were the people serving in the dining room. It is situated in a lovely part of Dublin, with very easy access to bus routes and the Dart railway is 5-10 minutes walk away. It was a brisk 30 minute walk to the city centre with 2 routes to choose from, and we enjoyed walking through the Georgian part of Dublin. Although we did not eat in the restaurant at night, the menu looked good and well-priced. There was a large group of Italian students in the hotel, but they were staying in a different section to us. All in all, for the price we paid, it was really excellent value and I would certainly stay there again, provided it was in The Towers.

Room Tip: rooms in The Towers are quiet
3  Thank Hazel J
Reviewed October 12, 2012

The Ballsbridge is a good enough hotel for visitors in very large groups or school kids. For the one off visit I wouldn't recommend it. On my particular stay there were school kinds everywhere- shouting and laughing in the hall ways at all hours (I know I sound grumpy!) avoid at all costs rooms by the lifts - they are very noisy. Most rooms don't have air conditioning and are VERY hot!
The breakfast is good. The staff are very friendly. But overall it is an average hotel and poor in terms of the price. It is also a little way out from the city.

Stayed: October 2012
TulaneManagement, General Manager at Ballsbridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear RosemaryMills

Thanks for your feedback. I'm glad you found our staff friendly and enjoyed the breakfast. I apologise that you felt the hotel was too noisy during your stay - we had a large group of international students staying with us. I hope this will not deter you from visiting us again as I'm sure you would have a different experience on your next stay.

Kind regards
John Clifton

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Rooms are small and parking is not included. Wi-fi is also not free. It seems strange that neither of these are included at what is to be a higher end hotel. It is more like a holiday inn.

I asked directions at the front desk and no one could help since no one was a driver and had never drove. Thank god for road maps!

I was charged more by accident and still waiting to get it corrected but mistakes happen so I am not letting it affect the review.

We ate dinner there and it was good and reasonably priced.

Dear srpiccollo

Thanks for your comments. We do charge for parking and wifi but this is clearly stated on our website and at the booking stage we havealso made a discount available. Apologies that no one could assist you with your directions but I am glad to inform you that we have now employed a concierge who is well able to handle all guest queries on Dublin attractions and Dublin directions.

We hope you will visit us again.

Kind regards
John Clifton

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We recently stayed at the Ballsbridge Hotel and our stay there was great. We arrived late afternoon and were checked in immediately with efficiency. The hotel was busy with guests checking in and other general hotel guests. We were directed to our room which was located in The Towers which was a good distance from the main thoroughfare of the hotel. Our room was huge and had all that you would expect from a hotel of this standard. It was very clean maybe could do with new carpet as it looked a little tired but no complaints just the same.The bed was also huge and very comfortable. This is a very quiet part of the hotel. We did not eat at the hotel but had breakfast. Breakfast was served in a huge dining room and although breakfast was nearing an end there was lots of food available. The breakfast was very good with lots to choose from. We were not rushed or asked to leave at any stage even though it was late. This is a huge hotel with lots of activity from all age groups. The staff were very helpful also. It is very centrally located for city centre activities and lots of taxis available just outside the gate. There is plenty of parking on site and our car park ticket was validated for us on checkout. I would have no hesitation recommending this hotel for a city stay.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room I would recommend a room in The Towers as it is further away!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple