“Great service,great location!”
Review of Ballsbridge Hotel

Ranked #89 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Just back from an overnight stay at the very comfortable Ballsbridge Hotel.On arrival,the lobby was full of hustle and bustle with a really good atmosphere.Our room was very clean,comfortable and spacious and fully equipped with all that was needed.The hotel is ideally located and without the rain is in perfect walking distance to many restaurants,bars etc.The staff were extremely courteous especially Michelle at reception,who was very helpful.Breakfast was very good and we will certainly return to Ballsbridge again soon.

2  Thank Michelle F

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Nice hotel on the outside however rooms are very standard.. not very luxurious. Breakfast was also only average as rashers and sausages were dry. Staff were quiet friendly. Was not impressed that we had to pay a 10 euro 50cent overnight parking fee that was not made clear until check in. Parking for guests should be free. Overall would not stay there again, was far from impressed. There are nicer hotels for cheaper in Dublin.

1  Thank ashley b
TulaneManagement, General Manager at Ballsbridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Hi ashley b

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. I apologise that you weren't told about the parking charge on check-in. We now have a sign at the front desk and our staff have been reminded to tell everyone about this charge should they wish to use our on site car park.

I hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

I spent 5 nights at the Ballsbridge Hotel and enjoyed it totally. The hotel is large, we stayed in the Ballsbridge Towers part. The staff were very helpful and accommodating when we arrived especially since I had brought my baby. We had a large twin room with a baby cot. Although the decor was outdated, the room was clean and I was impressed by the space we had. There was plenty of room for my baby to crawl around and play with his toys. Breakfast was really good and lots of staff coming round to see if we were OK and even chatted with my baby in his highchair. We ate at the restaurant one evening and enjoyed the meal. Drinks at the Dubliner bar were reasonably priced (for Dublin). The location is fantastic, easy to find and a nice walk into the city centre. Bus stops are close by and lots of little restaurants, cafes, a Spar shop and some banks. The only downside I can find about our stay was that the room was really stuffy at night, even with the window open and the car-parking was quite expensive. Still, I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone - business or pleasure.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank champers22
Reviewed July 11, 2012

The aircoach to the airport and Bus Eirreann stops are right in front of hotel. The Dart is a couple minutes walk away. The city centre is only an handful of dart stops away. The neighbothood is great and quiet when you want to sleep. But it's close enough to the loud part of Dublin when you don't wanna sleep. The hotel is a good value, however some of the staff are unfriendly and will ignore you. Others were very helpful. So they get a 3.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Shane_S_Lugh

Hi Shane_S_Lugh

Thanks for your review and I'm glad you enjoyed our hotel location and value for money. I'm disappointed to hear you felt the service was anything but great as we pride ourselves on having friendly and helpful staff here at Ballsbridge Hotel. I hope this won't deter you from visiting us again.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed for a week at the Ballsbridge during the Eucharistic Congress this June and loved it. Room was clean, bed was comfortableN had a hair dryer and tea service - loved the marble bathroom and paintings of Dublin. Service was good and breakfast, included in the price had lots of yummy and healthy options - I always went for the scambled eggs, baked tomaotes and sauteed mushrooms. If a bulk tip could be given, that would be an easier tip system. Thanks Ballsbridge!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank DoubleHappyCamper
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This large hotel is in a quiet residential location that is convenient to the city centre and airport. Buses are across the street, as is bank with ATM. Taxis are always waiting. Ten minute walk to St. Stephen's Green and the Hop on Hop off buses. Our room had a marble bathroom with lots of mirrors. But no a/c. Room and rest of hotel could use a touch up. Front desk staff did not speak English as their original language, so not much help when we asked for directions, which was very frustrating.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Ballsbridge hotel will disappoint any traveler who is expecting the cozy, friendly atmosphere of many hotels in Dublin. Although in an excellent location, from the outside it looks like that sad Marriott Courtyard right off the highway ramp. As I arrived I was told that they could not find my reservation. I had to pull off my laptop to show them the reservation number, and, even so, it took them more then 30 minutes to issue a key for me.
There is no free wireless, and the price to use their old, slow desktop is outrageous.
The room I was staying had a nice view, although the shower's water temperature oscillated between freezing and scalding.
Overall, I believe that you would get a wrong picture of Dublin and Dubliners if you base your opinion on the experience at this hotel.
For that price there are plenty of much, much better accommodation in the city.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank luca l
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Thanks for your feedback. I'm disappointed that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. I will speak to the relevant department manager in relation to your comments. If you would like to contact me directly to discuss this further, my email address is jclifton@ballsbridgehotel.com