“Excellent Hotel”
Review of Ballsbridge Hotel

Ranked #86 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed June 4, 2012

My partner and i stayed at this lovely hotel in may & we were very impressed with the hotel and its staff.We thought the location was perfect & the room prices were good value. The hotel had just been refurbished & was very luxurious. I would recommend this hotel as a great place to stay when visiting Dublin.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 306William306
TulaneManagement, General Manager at Ballsbridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Thanks for this review and I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel great value for money.

We hope you will visit us again in the future.

Kind regards
John Clifton
Ballsbridge Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (2,401)

Reviewed June 4, 2012

From all the girls that stayed at the week end(2nd of June) we really enjoyed our stay. the customer service from the front desk reception was excellent. Michelle was very accomadating and made us feel very welcome at ur hotel.
The only one thing that I would have to say about the rooms is they are very warm even with the window open,but as I said the guest service was excellent.

Room Tip: if u are looking for a cheap and cheerfull night away the ballsbridge hotel is the place to stay
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank jenjenmeath
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Cheesy hotel - stay somewhere else - a B&B would have been more quaint and fun. 1st room they put us in the heat was on and they couldn't turn it off - we were sweltering as it was almost 80 degrees outside. Breakfast was a lavish affair - buffet style, meats, cheeses, fruits, cereals, eggs, sausage, potatoes etc. Very good.

Room Tip: new side of hotel - the tower - has AC if you need it. we changed rooms to this side
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank CastelblancoClan
Reviewed June 1, 2012

we stayed at the Ballsbridge hotel last weekend as part of a large group of travelling Rugby fans, we arrived after a long day of travel expecting to have to wait to get our room keys but the hotel staff were very organised and had all the keys ready in envelopes to prevent any delay, Rooms were clean ,a good size and up to date , Staff were friendly, the buffet breakfast was of a good standard. The Dubliner bar attached to the hotel served tasty food. Hotel staff throughout were very friendly, The only confusing part was initally trying to find our rooms as were were in room 827 and the signs pointing you towards the lifts only gave rooms up to no.500, Would definitely stay again as very close to the RDS where we were going and also the bus into Dublin city centre stopped outside and the ticket was very cheap.under 4 euros for 2 people.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank webboWales
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Great hotel, great location and great staff. We will visit again!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jacques k
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Stayed here approx. 2/3 years ago & was not impressed. Got a good deal for May 2012 heard there was a change of management & a refurbishment so gave it another try. I am delighted I did. The hotel is transformed, it is in a great location & the friendly helpful staff in every department made it a most enjoyable & fun stay.

Room Tip: My friends & I all had great rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank MaryMcCarthy_12
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I can't say enought about the wonderful new management team in the Ballsbridge hotel.I stayed here two years ago and was not impressed and I thought I would never stay again. I instead used the Burlington hotel nearby, but since the general manager John Clifton moved over to the Ballsbridge hotel I decided to give it one more try. Wow was I so surprised the whole experience was uplifting the beautiful new lobby was bright and modern and expensive looking and the refurbished Dubliner bar looks so terrific, and Dubliners are using the bar which is great because it gives authenticity to the place and a feeling of warmth and comfort and the food is really great you could spend all day enjoying your surroundings. While I was there the sun was shining and the whole atmosphere was terrific in the outside cafe bar terrace was packed with interesting people. Michelle the front office manager made my day when she checked me in at reception and could not have been more helpful during my stay. The level of professional service was so high that when I discovered Callum McBreen was the accommodation manager I told him so and he was thrilled with the feedback and Went out of his way in every way to make my stay a great experience. I would recommend this hotel to anyone planing a trip to Dublin. The hotel is in a fantastic location has a great management team and is terrific value and is in a beautiful upmarket part of town with beautiful architecture and gardens all around.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Hank H
TulaneManagement, General Manager at Ballsbridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2012

Thank you so much for your detailed feedback and I'm delighted that our staff made your hotel stay such a great experience. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards