“Noisey elevator and rooms were smelling of cigarette smoke”
Review of Ballsbridge Hotel

Ballsbridge Hotel
Ranked #88 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Room was smelly and bathroom was not clean. Good location for rss and entrance and bar were nice .wine glasses were grubby in the bar

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank funkeeslave

Reviewed February 29, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here last summer as we were going to see Keith Barry in the Olympia theatre. The hotel is in a lovely area, although out of town , it can be easily accessed using the lansdowne dart or a bus as the bus stops right outside the hotel. Also taxi's to the hotel from the city center are not that deer around ten euro. The hotel would also be an ideal place to stay if you were going to a match in the aviva stadium. We had a lovely spacious room with a walk in wardrobe.
We ate in the Dubliner bar one night and the menu was varied and good value too. It is only a short walk from the lansdowne dart station so we used get that into town and if staying out late would get a taxi back to the hotel. We would get off at tara or pearse station in the city center. Breakfast was lovely and the staff were very efficient. The Ballsbridge towers is a hotel which has class and a welcoming atmosphere will be back again this summer.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Julie O
Reviewed February 15, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a whole week for business and got an excellent rate of €59 a night. If you know Dublin then you know this is super cheap.

This hotel was flooded at some point last year so the whole ground floor has been renovated. The reception area looks awesome and the bars/conference rooms are decent. My room was large with an average bed, I slept well.

The bathroom is a little unorthodox, what I mean by that is it looks a little dated and the bath is suitable for small people. The shower itself looks very old but who cares because it's hot and the pressure is amazing!

There are a few cons that prevent it from being a 5 star review from me:

There was paint peeling in places in my room, it is clearly tired. The tv is also from the 90's
No mini bar (It is 4 star though)
If you want a lie in, the curtains aren't flush with the ledge so you are awoken by blistering sunshine.

Other pros:

The internet is excellent and good value
The staff are friendly
It's location is ok with shops just a short walk away
Lots of parking at €10 a day

3  Thank Daniel C
Reviewed February 13, 2012

I booked this hotel for my husband and I, as we were going to see the Kodo Drummers in Dublin on Saturday 11.2.12. I previously stayed here a couple of years ago with my sister as we were going to see Michael Buble at the Aviva Stadium when was at the bottom of the street. We paid for an Executive Double room and were not disappointed with our accommodation. We stayed in room 252 in the Tower section. When we got out of the lift, we could smell "new carpet." The room was very spacious with a walk-in cupboard, a writing desk, 2 soft chairs and a table. There was a kingsize double bed and a single bed. This accommodation was more than adequate for our needs. Our room came with air conditioning, which was not needed at this time of year, but we could also increase the temperature in the room, if it was cool. When we arrived for breakfast, we were asked our room number and advised we could sit where we wished. The food was ample and we could go back for more of anything we wished. We could have eaten as little or as much as we wanted.

We brought our car to Dublin. To make use of the car parking within the hotel grounds, the cost was 10.50 euros which was a bit steep. I would definitely stay here again. The staff were very pleasant and accommodating, the room was lovely as was the food.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DLPatterson
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Stayed at the Towers Hotel on Thursday the 9th(room 657) of Febeuary because I Had to go to the us embassy which is just up the road. This hotel was a let down from the moment I walked in the front door. The first thing was dirty floors in lobby. Then it was time to check in , the man on reception could not find are booking as the reservation staff had put us under a differnt name. There was no information given to us on what faclites the hotel had to offer all they were interested in was are money. Eventualy made are way to a dirty lift and then came the room. The room was dated , the walpaper was pealing off in serveral places on the wall, the bathroom door did not lock and had an electrical wire hanging from the roof and the towels provided were torn and worn. The carpet had several stains on it. I removed the pillow case as I work in the Hotel Industry myself in Galway to see if the pillow was dirty and it was so bad with yellow stains i selpt with no pillow. When we went down for breakfast we were greated to room number please no good mourning or how are you today which in my opinion is one of the bascis. The breafast buffet was well stocked with low quality produce. The plates were cold and you had to make your own toast. The only place I have every seen this is in a budget Hostel NOT A FOUR STAR HOTEL!!. After breakfast we were glad to check out and staff at Reception did not even care to ask if we enjoyed are stay. Would never stay in this hotel again and would not recomend it to orthers.

4  Thank whsya
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Stayed on a business trip in January 2012, the room was fine, the fixtures all old but ok. The food was plain and they used the same menu every evening in the bar, although the staff were doing their best and kindly made sandwiches to order.

Breakfast was very plain and there was no fruit salad.

Wifi was 11 euro for two days (I think), this is appalling. Tiny B & B´s down the country provide it for free, to pay in a hotel this size is a sure way to ensure you get no return business.

The staff were doing their best although reception was understaffed almost all of the time.

I won´t be back!

1  Thank arantimeall
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We got this for 60 euro for two people B&B. That's a good deal. Plus 10.50 for overnight parking. They are on bus lines to the city centre, near the DART train, Aviva (Lansdown Road) stadium, the RDS and just across the road from the embassy of the USA. They have a bar and restaurant, and a good choice for breakfast - full Irish and good fruit & cereal selection, lemon for tea on request; but plates are not heated. The rooms are big enough, we were on the quiet side of the hotel. The traditional hotel furniture in the halls and in the room are reminiscent of the days when it was Jury's Hotel. No free wifi which is rather old fashioned now. Nice to be woken by cooing pigeons in the morning - we had not parked our car under their trees!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple