“Excellent Food”

Gallaher & Co Bistro & Coffee House
Ranked #395 of 2,758 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Gallaher's bistro and coffee house is located in the historic D'Olier Chambers, built in 1891 by J.F Fuller for Irish Tobacco Baron *Tom Gallaher. Gallaher & Co offers a spectacular bistro menu everyday from 10am 'till close Gallaher's is a hub of activity, traditionally the Dublin meeting spot for journalists, Trinity students and visitors alike to the old city. Gallaher's is located a stones throw from Trinity College within the College Green area, it is a historic watering hole and eatery - an experience for both food lovers and those keen on the city's architecture & history. Get those cameras at the ready.
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Had lunch here. Very nice menu. I had the burger with bacon, it was enormous don't know how I finished it. No room for anything else. Nice decor very New York Industrial look about it and a fab looking building from the outside.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Went here with the family the day after the night before! We needed a hearty breakfast and my goodness did we get one! Massive with all the trimmings! Served on a large plate and I could not see a gap! Tasty and good quality, nice staff and cool decor. We will go back and try again for dinner soon.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

This place has been spruced up and really looks great, but my goodness, they need a kitchen door. I was practically sitting in the kitchen and, as a result, had this nasty bright light all over me and my food. The restaurant was half empty, so who knows why we had this terrible table. It would be a much better experience if this was closed up somehow!

The food was nice (I had a goats cheese salad and fries) but the service was pretty slow. Despite being nearly at chef's feet, it took me ages to get my food.

I was pretty disappointed when I went downstairs to the bathroom. In fact, it was quite gross. There was water all over the floor and one of the sinks was just gone! They need to fix this bathroom soon, because it definitely takes away from how well the place has been restored upstairs.

2  Thank Ecojojo81
Raymond M, Owner at Gallaher & Co Bistro & Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Dear Ecojojo81
Many thanks for your review. Please accept our apologies with regards to the toilets unfortunately the day you visited (and for some time after) we had an issue with regards to water from the premises next door, thankfully this has now been resolved, additionally new sinks have been installed and the toilets spruced up. We are currently working to have our kitchen pass sorted and expect this to be completed soon. I do hope you are able to join us again and see the improvements in situ.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Came across this while over for an anniversary trip with my wife. Staff were attentive and friendly, however waitied a bit of time for our bill. We had the pre-theatre which compared very favourably to some of the other resteraunts we visited. Unusually the pre-theatre wasn't loaded with supplaments and food although took a bit of time to come out was excellant and worth the wait. I had the sweet chilli chicken wings to start and although a little messy, they were very tasty. My wife had the salmon gravdlax, she said it was some of the best she'd had. we both had the fish of the day which was hake, cooked to perfection. My wife had the skinny firesand I had the chunky chips. Wish I'd went for the skinny fries as the chunky chips were too much. We would love to go back. Maybe next time....

Dear Ben M

Thank you for your kind comments we really do appreciate this and always print out our reviews and pin up in our staff area. I do hope you can join us again the next time your over.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Excellent staff and nice place, food was great but there it ends. Small portions either mains or deserts, and expensive.

Dear MicandTez
Many thanks for taking your time out to review Gallaher's. We are delighted you liked Gallaher's, however I'm sorry you found the portions small and expensive. We pride ourselves in delivering locally sourced quality products, some from artisan suppliers, which can impact on cost, in turn we are very much driven by quality. It has not been brought to out attention with regards portion size and mainly we endeavour to please with larger portions than our competitors. We would love to see you next time your over.